Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Now THAT'S a hunt :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, what a hunt Happy

Day started off miserable! Up till last night, todays weather was supposed to be beautiful, aside from the chance for a few "spot showers", according to the weather people. Had the day all planned to hunt with 2 buddies. I was on the crapper doing my doo before the hunt this morning, lol, when I get a text from one bud saying he can't make it. Not 5 minutes later, my other bud texts me saying its pouring by him. I look out the window & tell him it's dry by me, only cloudy. He tells me he'll meet me in 30 minutes. As soon as I step outside my door, I feel drops starting to fall. Great.

By the time I get to the spot, it's coming down pretty hard. Murphy's Law, for you. We waited about 15 minutes and the rain slowed to a sprinkle, so, we started hunting. It was like this ALL morning. Hunt for half hour, then wait it out for 15 minutes still it stopped. This is the same spot I got the barber from last weekend. From about 8am till 1pm, I only managed to pull one merc, a nice little NY Police Department badge pin & another little banner pin that's says "Rah Rah Rah". Hey, silvers silver, I was content. At about 1pm, the rain was heavier, so, my buddy decided to call it a day. Told him I was gonna move to a different spot & stay behind another hour or so. Good move Wink

Drove to a new section after my buddy left. Wouldn't you know, as soon as my buddy pulls away, the clouds part and the sun comes out. Maybe 5 minutes later, I pop a merc. Few minutes later, another one. Then I get a silver crucifix. Mixed in with all this is clad and wheats. Then I get a great signal - deep...a barber! Little while later, I find a cool old copper ring with what appears to be Chinese writing/symbols on it. As if all this isn't great enough, I managed two Indians and another merc! All of this in about 2 hours!!! Think I figured it out...

I never really hit this section that good up till today, so, it was/still is loaded. Couple that with the fresh rain for added depth, and I think that's what did it. I was pulling coins up 10, 12". All I know is...

Today was the best day I've had in months! Quite happy Party

Joe
That most definitely is a  hunt ..Way to go Joe ! Yes Yes
That is an awesome hunt. You have to hit that spot again.
Very nice hunt Joe! That barber is sweet...and an S! How did that get there, lol.
WOW-- Congrats on a great hunt!!  that is a pile of goodies!
(08-03-2013 06:02 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, what a hunt Happy

Day started off miserable! Up till last night, todays weather was supposed to be beautiful, aside from the chance for a few "spot showers", according to the weather people. Had the day all planned to hunt with 2 buddies. I was on the crapper doing my doo before the hunt this morning, lol, when I get a text from one bud saying he can't make it. Not 5 minutes later, my other bud texts me saying its pouring by him. I look out the window & tell him it's dry by me, only cloudy. He tells me he'll meet me in 30 minutes. As soon as I step outside my door, I feel drops starting to fall. Great.

By the time I get to the spot, it's coming down pretty hard. Murphy's Law, for you. We waited about 15 minutes and the rain slowed to a sprinkle, so, we started hunting. It was like this ALL morning. Hunt for half hour, then wait it out for 15 minutes still it stopped. This is the same spot I got the barber from last weekend. From about 8am till 1pm, I only managed to pull one merc, a nice little NY Police Department badge pin & another little banner pin that's says "Rah Rah Rah". Hey, silvers silver, I was content. At about 1pm, the rain was heavier, so, my buddy decided to call it a day. Told him I was gonna move to a different spot & stay behind another hour or so. Good move Wink

Drove to a new section after my buddy left. Wouldn't you know, as soon as my buddy pulls away, the clouds part and the sun comes out. Maybe 5 minutes later, I pop a merc. Few minutes later, another one. Then I get a silver crucifix. Mixed in with all this is clad and wheats. Then I get a great signal - deep...a barber! Little while later, I find a cool old copper ring with what appears to be Chinese writing/symbols on it. As if all this isn't great enough, I managed two Indians and another merc! All of this in about 2 hours!!! Think I figured it out...

I never really hit this section that good up till today, so, it was/still is loaded. Couple that with the fresh rain for added depth, and I think that's what did it. I was pulling coins up 10, 12". All I know is...

Today was the best day I've had in months! Quite happy Party

Joe

Sure, rub in the Indian heads huh!? Nice haul! Any update on the ring?
(08-10-2013 02:08 AM)biohazz65 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, rub in the Indian heads huh!? Nice haul! Any update on the ring?

Hahaha, I like you already, Bio Happy Yes, ring is not as old as I first believed. It's from around the early 1920's. It's a fad item that was sold in those comic book ads or novelty catalogs. Still, cool piece. 

Joe
Reference URL's