Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Need Bullet ID...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this bullet today. It's all white with oxidation like a musket ball would be. Have no idea what it is. Any of you guys know?

Joe
Man , that's wierd joe...does it show any signs of being carved? I would show Keith Southrrn, and at same time remind him to join us on this forum, lol.
Hey can you weigh it?  I'm think this may be some kind of weight used in the old days for measurement.  Also, octagon shape barrels use to produce odd looking bullets.  But yours looks like it was carved for a purpose.  Thanks for showing, this is a great find.
Here is a chart I use. If you mic. it you can find the cal. of it.
(08-07-2013 10:06 AM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a chart I use. If you mic. it you can find the cal. of it.

Thanks for the chart, Bob Yes Jeepers, I'd be thrilled if this was a war bullet, but, the park I found it only dates back to the mid 1800's...and as far as I know, there isn't any record/history of any skirmishes or encampments there. Odd for sure. What's your opinion, Bob, does it look like it was used in service? What's the approximate age? 

Joe
Still not sure ?? For age I would be guessing about 1850-1870's only by whiting of lead.
Alot of time someone would carve a bullet, to make a game piece, like dice, chess , etc.  Thinking maybe something like that ? Don't think it was fired because of the point still on it. Will keep thinking about it, but maybe someone else can help.
Reference URL's