Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Speaking of beaches....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the warmer weather here for what should be over a week, I think I may go hit some sand on the shores of Lake Erie this weekend. I was over there yesterday (Sunday) and the lake and beach is frozen but I think by next weekend the beaches may have some promise.

Where are you guys starting up?

Ed/ODF
Not sure where yet, but I'm planning to get dirty this Sunday. I have a shiny new machine just sitting in a box waiting for it's first digs. I was down the river yesterday. They are all thawed out already.
All the house guests will be gone after tomorrow so I will be back at it.
We still have about another week or two to go, Ed. The last storm tripped us up, as it dumped about 6". If that didn't hit, I'd be out already. Soon. Soon...

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy

Joe
I hope within the next couple weeks I can get out...im gonna try to hit an area of woods where a few houses used to be...its impossible to detect in the summer cuz of all the overgrowth, so im hoping its not so bad when the snow is gone. we shall see
It's been nice here in Northern Utah, no problem getting out with my boys to do some School grounds.

I don't dig, just surface hunts.
Hey Ed

taking my new F19 out for its maiden voyage at an old dump site probably this coming sunday or monday

it was used as an "unofficial" dump from the 1880s thru 1920s on a hillside of what used to be the "edge of town" where there was woods/swamp below until it was filled and developed in the 30s and beyond -- also -- they built a school on top of the hillside in the late 20s and the backside of the school faces the hill so kids have lost stuff there for the last 80+ yrs too Wink

it's where I take all my new machines for their 1st test run in spring as it's a southwest facing hillside and the snow pack melts quickly

I like to test them out there because I've found some cool stuff in there over the yrs
(coins, tokens, jewelry, relics, bottles, etc) Yes

Beer
(03-10-2015 06:28 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ed

taking my new F19 out for its maiden voyage at an old dump site probably this coming sunday or monday

it was used as an "unofficial" dump from the 1880s thru 1920s on a hillside of what used to be the "edge of town" where there was woods/swamp below until it was filled and developed in the 30s and beyond -- also -- they built a school on top of the hillside in the late 20s and the backside of the school faces the hill so kids have lost stuff there for the last 80+ yrs too Wink

it's where I take all my new machines for their 1st test run in spring as it's a southwest facing hillside and the snow pack melts quickly

I like to test them out there because I've found some cool stuff in there over the yrs
(coins, tokens, jewelry, relics, bottles, etc)  Yes

Beer

Perfect place for the f19. Its my favorite Fisher.
Reference URL's