Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Who wants to talk XP DEUS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I do, have had mine since Oct 2014. Havent been able to spend to much time with it cause of winter but did manage to get out since jan a few times. Ive been pretty lucky so far ive pulled a 1859S $5 gold coin, also a 1903S key date barber dime in Jan. Also some really great relics. I sure love this machine. Must say has been a tough learning curve going to the deus from the atgold and the f75. Mostly just getting use to the tones was the hardest. The machine itself is really easy believe it or not.
There's a guy in the Tech Talk thread that would like to here it.
The Deus is pretty sweet. I just wish the vdi was even remotely accurate. Doesnt matter relic hunting,but helps if yards/parks for coins. Just sold mine,but pretty sure Ill get another,lol.
Can you compare this machine to another machine so I can get an understanding of what it is capanble of doing? I don't own a XP Deus but I have owned Garett - Whites - FIsher and Minelab. I also own an older Whites Surf master PI unit.
(03-13-2015 07:01 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]The Deus is pretty sweet. I just wish the vdi was even remotely accurate. Doesnt matter relic hunting,but helps if yards/parks for coins. Just sold mine,but pretty sure Ill get another,lol.

I swing with the 9" coil, when i first got the deus i thought the same about the vdi. Now that i know how to setup the machine for my specific areas my vdi seems to be accurate at least to 7-8". Sometimes the vdi because of the wireless may have a slight delay compared to the audio, but make confident swings and it seems to be accurate.  Swing to slow can throw it off too.

(03-13-2015 11:26 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Can you compare this machine to another machine so I can get an understanding of what it is capanble of doing? I don't own a XP Deus but I have owned Garett - Whites - FIsher and Minelab. I also own an older Whites Surf master PI unit.

The only machines i can compare it to is the atgold and F75SE without updates. Comparing the deus is like swinging a feather, just plain light weight and a breeze to swing. As far as all other aspects the deus  is king by far in vdi accuracy and depth. There is not a lot of coil options for the deus yet, but dont think really need them. Being able to switch  to 4 different frequencies opens up all the old areas. Hit it in one frequency then go back and hit it in another and i can pull a few more keepers that didn't show in the other frequency. For me the hardest part of the deus was figuring out the tones. I prob made it harder than it should've been by switching all the time instead of sticking with on option. Even with all the different options the deus offers i would still consider it a turn on and go machine because the factory programs are 5 star, pic one and go!
VDI is still lacking in my opinion. I have found it to be pretty accurate up to about 5-6 inches in our dirt but after that it is a bit jumpy on the VDI. The tone is usually pretty solid so you know it is a good target. In heavy iron it seems to be a beep and dig machine. A very good one but I still grab the 3030 when hunting a site for the first few times as I like to cherry pick and the 3030 is superior when it comes to VDI and tone ID.

I have both so I speak from experience in heavy iron. The Deus will also dig more iron vs the CTX.

But the Deus will find items that the 3030 will not in the iron. So I will hit a site a couple times with the Deus before we call it quits and it will always find something!!

They are a great one - two punch combo!!
Wow good infor so far, thanks for sharing. Now I am interested in this thing!
On the minelab deeper targets do give different vdi numbers but there are tone and visual screen display too. I do get fooled by some deeep iron and screw caps but hey you never know - so I dig junk but don't always post it - most gets recycled or into the trash can before I get into the car.
I dont find the vdi to be accurate untill the find is out of the ground,lol. But it has great audio. Depth to me was about on par with an AT Pro.Nothing exceptional, but usually adequate for me. The all metal goldfield program is great...ran real smooth in bad ground,and hits hard on small crap...so well,its the first vlf Ive used that was constantly picking up my boot eyelets while detecting. I wish it was an eliptical coil,no way I would have sold it. But right now,Im thinking of getting another with the wired headphones...dont really care about the wireless.
Deathray, yeah, on my minelab VDI is off for deep targets. Shallower targets vdi is off due to separation of junk items.
Minelabs do pick up smaller targets but not my eyelets on my boots....too funny!
I think the deus hits on more things than most detectors, its always trying to tell u when that little tiny piece of iron is in with a good target. seems like if u wiggle and turn a little bit it i can always find an accurate id On the vdi. I found my first aluminum ring the other day and i was running full tones! The sound was amazing! I new it was a ring right away just by the tone. Never found a ring before with the deus but u could hear the roundness, was sweet!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's