Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I have one too - What is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's lead.

My dad had the same lead ingots when I was little. They were 3, 5 and 10 pounds.

Get some gold metallic spray paint and paint it and then use it as your doorstop!! LOL
Thanks to all who posted - 

Ron, your dad had one, cool? Where did he get it?
(03-15-2015 01:12 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to all who posted - 

Ron, your dad had one, cool? Where did he get it?

Not sure, I just know they he would cut of chunks and make fishing weights etc when I was little. But we had a few of those in the garage forever and they are probably still in the garage somewhere. Happy He never gets rid of anything he might think is useful!! So I am sure I will have them someday!! LOL
I was hoping for silver.
Detector nut, that would be cool - a small silver bar! Yikes!

Have to go find my own stash of those!
I cast lead bullets and I buy lead ingots that look like that quite a bit.
Only pure lead is what everyone thinks of as "soft" it could be a different grade of lead, like Linotype or #2.

Try putting some heat to it. If it melts with a torch or in a small cast iron pan over a camp stove its lead, if not, something else (use an old pan and then don't use the pan for anything else, and do it outside as lead gives off fumes when melted). Sell it to someone who wants to cast bullets if it is and you don't want it as Lead is getting harder and harder to find. Just don't leave it where kids can get around it if it's lead, not really nice stuff.

Sorry for the long response.

Dex
Dex, firsty off congratulations on winning the digger, very cool prize. You must be a happy newbie for sure!
Also, no problem on the long post = hey that is what this place is trying to do - share information and make buddies.
Over the years I have been selling my scrap lead, either the slag or lead fishing weights to the scrap dealer. Whoi knew this there would be a better market for pure lead now a days.
I understand about lead being bad - thanks for the tips - good reminders to all
looks like a lead bar. I'm a dive team for the fire dept and I've seen pieces that look like and we melt them down for weights.
Hose dude, I was thinking that it might be a diving weight.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's