Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Day 2, 2015! Silver #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Five hours out today in SWAMPS at an old homesite location! Lot of snow still on the ground too and could only do the higher areas that were thawed, but managed to do pretty well. Also found an axehead not pictured and still laying on the forest floor for the next time I get out there. The lipstick tube is "Evening in Paris" and I have to do some searching to find circa. It cleaned up pretty good. There's a 44D wheat in that pile of pennies. And the 37 Merc was about 20' away at the base of the biggest tree there. Had a great day but it was a wet, muddy mess and I came home soaked. If it ever dries out I'll be going back to make a search of the real swampy areas.

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting!

Ed/ODF

Okay, I found the lipstick tube!

Vintage 1920s - 1930s Bourjois Lipstick 'Evening in Paris' with Detailed Fun Illustrations.

It's also referred to as the silvertone, which sold as a set with a Rouge compact with the same markings!
Only YOU would find a lipstick tube that says; "Evening in Paris" on it, lol. Sounds like a dirty movie outta the 1970's Tongue Nice merc!!! The horseshoe ain't too shabby either, captain Yes

Your hunt was like mine on Friday, a slopping wet ordeal...

But more fun than a sonofabitch!!!!!!!!!!

Joe
Nice finds Ohio. Nice to see you out there tearing it up again.
(03-14-2015 08:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Only YOU would find a lipstick tube that says; "Evening in Paris" on it, lol. Sounds like a dirty movie outta the 1970's Tongue Nice merc!!! The horseshoe ain't too shabby either, captain Yes

Your hunt was like mine on Friday, a slopping wet ordeal...

But more fun than a sonofabitch!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Thanks Joe! I'd been scoping out this area on maps all Winter and because of the flooding here it was about the only safe place to go, so I did it am glad I did. I can't wait til it dries out this summer. There's gotta be more there! I woulda brought that axehead home but I switched to the fanny pack and there just wasn't any room for it. That's the first real horseshoe I've ever found. It barely fit in the fanny pack. LOL!!!

And I had a flipping blast all alone out in the forest swinging away!

Ed/ODF

(03-14-2015 08:54 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds Ohio. Nice to see you out there tearing it up again.

Thanks Mike! But I feel like I've torn myself up pretty much. Wow, am I sore! I wanted to go out again tomorrow but first I'm going to have to see if I can get out of bed in the morning. All this aches and pains stuff will get better as time goes on I know but it's getting there that's the real bitch! I have got to join a gym or something next Winter!

Ed/ODF
Great hunt Ed. I'm kinda jealous of the shoe. I haven't found one yet.
(03-14-2015 09:49 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Great hunt Ed. I'm kinda jealous of the shoe. I haven't found one yet.

Thanks Will. You'll find one this year! I see it in your future!
Nice finds, congrats!
Looks like your time inside this winter is now paying off. Way go to ED.
(03-15-2015 07:26 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your time inside this winter is now paying off. Way go to ED.

Thanks Bob! Still going to search for those elusive Walkers (LOL), well, other than the 1942p's!!!!
Cool finds! I know that the horse shoe will bring you good luck in 2015!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's