Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Went to a dug up park but - they had a fense around it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went out today to a park that is under construction. They are making two fields for baseball and one for soccer; I was really too excited and couldn't wait to get there.

But - they had a six foot high fense around the entire area. What a bunch of crap.

I detected anyway and found some clad and a 1940 wheat cent anbd a brass house key.
I enjoyed that hunt and now I can scratch that place off of my to do list.
(03-15-2015 08:41 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I went out today to a park that is under construction. They are making two fields for baseball and one for soccer; I was really too excited and couldn't wait to get there.

But - they had a six foot high fense around the entire area. What a bunch of crap.

I detected anyway and found some clad and a 1940 wheat cent anbd a brass house key.
I enjoyed that hunt and now I can scratch that place off of my to do list.

Glad you could get out. That's pretty crazy that they had a fence around the place. Maybe for insurance purposes. If they are putting in 2 baseball fields and they're doing it right you can definitely scratch off those as they usually raise the whole field around the pitchers mound so the whole thing will be fill to some degree. Good luck next time out!

Ed/ODF
They are building a road right through where a fort was down here. I'm hoping to get access during the construction but who knows. Sorry they shut you out. but these days everyone is sue crazy so they are careful. Glad you got out and had a good hunt anyway.

Mike
Good for you, sounds like you made the best of it.
Yeah,they always put fences up around here...liability and security
Yeah, fenses are a bunch of crap, and your right folks probably would fall and sue or others would wreck the equiptment.
I might try asking permission if I go back later this week.
Reference URL's