Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Leather Holster for Garrett Pinpointer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for someone in or around Calgary Alberta that owns a Garrett Pinpointer (either or both new and old).
I want to make a pattern for a leather holster for it. The deal is, you come over to my place, I'll make the pattern and a holster for your pinpointer as a thank you and payment.
Pm me if your interested.
Lets see how this works out.
[attachment=5521]
[attachment=5522]
Look's pretty good !
Short and SWEET! Great Concept!
Nice job, I need one for my Lesche when the original one wears out.
Love the style with the rivets/studs and the material. I think you'd be able to move a lot of them, as they're hot commodities, with people losing them, breaking them, etc. True story...

I lost my holster about 7 years ago (way before this site was a reality), and called Garrett to ask about a replacement, as I use the holster on every hunt, and it is a NEED. Anywho...

I was thinking they'd send one out free (since I bought their product) or they'd be maybe $5 or something in the worst case. I get a nice lady on the phone, and she tells me they wanted like $25 for one!!!

Wound up bitching about it on one of the forums, and another member sent me a spare he had.

If you can make small test batches of these, try putting them on the classifieds here and see how they do Yes

Joe
Thx for the support everyone.
I gave it to a guy who goes out quite a bit to try out and tell me what he wants changed in the next few days.

Then I have the local MD club wanting 1 for a giveaway at a banquet and possibly more to sell, I'll let everyone know how it goes and if they become available for sale.

I like leather as it doesn't really wear out like nylon does.

Dex
Make someĀ  finds bags and digger combos. If you're proficient with leather you should experiment a little.
Bags are a ton of work to make with leather. Holsters aren't too bad to make. Someone else asked about a combo digger, pin pointer holster, but everyone has a different combo...

Dex
Dex my dad did leather work for years. Wallets , purses and carry bags. He would hand carve the designs and paint some of them. He was very popular around Christmas. He did some kind of quadruple cross stitching on all of his leather. It always turned out superb. I tried it for a while but I just wasn't as gifted as him. He's 77 now so he flies RC Airplanes for his hobby.
Reference URL's