Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What Cajones!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an old article I stumbled across, but I almost couldn't believe what I was reading. Now...

From a litigation standpoint, I can certainly understand their reasoning. If someone should get hurt, hit a gas main or something like that, the city is going to take a $$$ hit. So, from this perspective, I can see logic in their decision. However...

All finds must be turned over to the town? Are we in the U.K.?

Would you turn YOUR finds over to the city?

http://patch.com/michigan/rochester/city...e-arrested

Joe
Yeah that's ridiculous. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed downtown here either. I would love to dig some downtown streets. There has to be alot of amazing finds down there.
(03-18-2015 10:35 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Would you turn YOUR finds over to the city?

What finds?  Blushing
"Would you turn YOUR finds over to the city?"...It's not really my temperament to be so cooperative.
It is the same short sited overreach that government does everywhere. They would rather have the historic items stay buried under the new asphalt rather than provide an incentive to have them recovered by providing an incentive for those that would do so as volunteers.
That's nuts!
Bunch of anal ass@&*%$ in my opinion. They probably go detecting themselves and are saving the spots for their own use. I'd hang out there as a detectorist with a camera just to find out and turn the Effers in.
Reference URL's