Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Etrac..Help wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone guide me in the right direction for VDI numbers for the ETrac? A dummy guide would be great.
It really depends on what your expecting to find while detecting and best to not fixate on the numbers as much as the tones. Coin spills will combine numbers to give you nice finds in unlikely places on the VDI and iron will destroy the perfect "12" line. In general , 7 or 8 above or below the Fe number (5 to 18) can certainly be good non ferrous targets and conductive numbers are all about the tones in multi. If you hear the tones that accompany common coins or a derivation of them ,nickel 12/12 , zinc 12/38 , copper cent/dime 12/44/45 , quarter 12/46 , half 6/47 dig it. It will change with the dirt also. Study the way this guy comes up with his patterns and why , and the numbers fall right into their place http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/minel...ings.shtml
I'll post a list I picked up off one of the other forums when I find it somewhere on this computer. Once you get to know the numbers and associate them with the tone you'll be doing well. Doesn't take long.
I think the two most important settings are Trash-high and ground-difficult.  I also like my pinpoint set to normal.  This makes it auto detune and shrinks the target when pinpointing.
Get a copy of Andy Sabich's book, on Explorer/ETrac you won't regret it.
i appreciate the advice from all you. Its kinda like going from a bag phone to a smartphone....as far as it being a lil overwelming. But i know it'll get easier the more i go along. I think i was trying to get too technical right off the bat. I'll look for that book. I need some good reads. Those numbers would help too i'm sure. Im headed to the beach on Sunday in NC...its right up the road from a Civil War fort...just sucks we can get close to the fort to detect...lol.
I am still learning the Exp II after a real long time but I feel it was worth it.

Good luck with those sites
Dusty numbers are about the same I have found also. When I started I watched a lot of youtube videos, and minelab videos
Reference URL's