Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: How hasd encountered a wild animal while detecting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My biggest problem are BEES almost every year I step into a ground nest. One year I had a great silver signal bend down and started digging I hit a nest of yellow jackets bees. Got hit 6 times. Went back in the fall to the same spot and dug a silver half dollar.
Bullett due, wow bees are a pain!

I know Gene B from the club got stung by a wasp and had to call emergency because he was alergic.

Lesson learned and a word to for all of us
Hornets and wasps suck! evil little bastards!!
These will get your attention. The official State insect and should be the State bird instead of the roadrunner which happens to be about their only natural predator

http://www.desertusa.com/insects/tarantula-hawks.html
Dusty, OMG - those are some prehistoric size bugs - ouch - just looking at them.

What do you wear to protect yourself - body armor?

Those are huge. WHat happens if you get stung by them? Does your arm swell up?
They look like something out of a horror moovie! Yikes! I would only hunt in the cold weather so those buggers are hibernating
Today, I was detecting and along comes a bird with a long beak and probably red color on its front. I wasn't certain the type of bird but it seems to look toward me as I was digging. Could they smell a grum from 15 or 20 feet away? I don't know but maybe he saw it and wanted to get it - so I throw it near him and he ate it up and flew away.
Too bad I don't do videos that would have been a good one for bird watchers.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's