Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: How hasd encountered a wild animal while detecting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The one can remenber is a snake that feel out of a tree and hit me in the head then my shoulder. It was black and about four feet long. Man was I scared shi@less! I think my heart stopped that day. It was about 12:15 pm and I was in a non descript park in mid jersey - around the New Brunswick area. I was on lunch and just went coin shooting.
The dang thing slithered into a sewer - probably was more scared then I was trying to get into some shade.
I ran into a cobra while detecting in Malaysia. I was in a Palm Oil plantation and climbing up a hill to a fort area. He was coming down the hill and we saw each other about the same time. He turned around and headed up the hill and I turned around and quickly headed down hill, got into my car and left the area. Scary then but not so much now.
I see a boatload of deer all the time in the woods. Sometimes as close as 20 feet away. Once in a great while a sick Raccoon which I stay away from. Snakes here in Ohio though are pretty much harmless unless you get down below Columbus. If I were to go hunting down there, I would definitely wear snake guards the way I roam around in the woods. That's pretty scary crap a snake falling out of a tree. It would shake me up pretty good too, venomous or not.

Ed/ODF
Snakes and squirrels and deers oh my. That's what I run into. Nothing dangerous.
Shoot, the only creature I run into are mosquitoes.
That would be a black Ratsnake Tony.I used to catch em as a kid.

Run into rattlers,tarantulas,hornets( friggin hate them), bear shit, tweakers,dope fiends and psychos,lol.
That Ratsnake surprised me for sure. I guess it was in the tree hunting food then it either got to hot out or the branch couldn't hold it
I cant recall running into any wild animals...but since we are talking about animals I figure id mention this one time I was detecting a public park and a cat started wandering around me and once I dug the plug the cat came over and started digging in the hole for me! I should have taken it home...usually dogs will do that, but this cat had a mission
Dangit bobby, that is a funny story, maybe the cat wanted some worms for a snack?
(03-22-2015 10:30 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Dangit bobby, that is a funny story, maybe the cat wanted some worms for a snack?

Haha idk what it was, but i thought it was actually one of the coolest things
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's