Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Day 6 2015, 2 Biggies!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Day 5, or Sunday was a complete bust but I killed it in aluminum scrap.

Got out after work today for about 3.5 hours until the cold just turned me home. Went back to that "Boy Scout" area and decided to do the Northern side of it about 100 feet away and work my way towards it. This time back and forth instead of in circles. About an hour in I hit the barber with 2 wheats in the hole. One of the wheats was so corroded I at first thought it was a half dime or $1 gold piece. Made my way back to the primary area, picked up a bunch more wheats, a cheap necklace and pendant, 2 nondescript buckles, a tiny compact and a 194? Jefferson. I'd been digging can tops for the last two days and I get this can top signal which is pretty wide (I'm running 32 sense, 8 gain on deep all afternoon) but it's got this high tone that is uncanny for silver. So I dig it up. Yep, it's a can top. I re-sweep the hole and get a solid screamer VID 29. Reprobe the hole, get a signal, dig down another inch and out pops a clay covered 41 Washington.

By then I was about frozen so I packed it in.

I'll post all that other stuff some other night cause I'm bushed and it'll fill the days I don't find stuff.

Have a great time out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!!Yes

Ed/ODF
A quarter bifecta. Awesome hunt Ed. Looks like you'll be spending more time at scout camp.
Looks like you have a new spot for this year Ed. Nice finds. Is there any water near by ? scouts always liked to play around water. bathing, washing dishs etc.
(03-23-2015 07:41 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you have a new spot for this year Ed. Nice finds. Is there any water near by ? scouts always liked to play around water. bathing, washing dishs etc.

No water! A river but quite a distance away.
Nice digs Ed Yes

Beer
Bullettbob is right scouts like water and they take hikes in summer to keep busy!
Nice finds - very cooll
Good job on the nice finds!
Reference URL's