Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Day 7 2015, 1 Big Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went out to another location after work today looking for hunting campsites and found one!

Those two pieces of lead are from near a campfire I found and then found the Barber half about 8 feet from them. The smaller piece of lead is about the size of a quarter. The area was littered with shotgun headstamps. I also found a wheat about 8 inches from the half and it's either a 1916 or 18, it's pretty toasted.

The bulk shot is the stuff I mentioned that I found yesterday.

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed/ODF

btw.... I cleaned this coin with a high jet spray of hot water from a 6 inch piece of washing machine hose I have attached to my utility sink in the laundry room. Just pinched the end of the hose to create the jet while it was in my hand. That's as far as I'm cleaning it.
Dang Ed, you are killing it on the big silver, your gonna find a silver dollar at this rate, Congrats!
Congrats on finding silver, nice!
Ed, I love big coins, terrific finds you are making! Congratulations!

I can't compete with those old and big coins - hopefully I get my butt out to some cool spots too
(03-24-2015 09:39 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, I love big coins, terrific finds you are making! Congratulations!

I can't compete with those old and big coins - hopefully I get my butt out to some cool spots too

Tony I'm flabbergasted at the big ones myself. That one Boy Scout area I hit 10 silvers. But you have to understand. I go to areas that are remote by the standards of the trail hikers and bird watchers. I sometimes walk in up to 45 minutes just to turn on the detector. If I turned it on during the hike, which I do occasionally, to test an area, I'd never get to the location I've scoped out. So if you can see some old woods areas that are remote, and feel comfortable hiking in, try it. It's out there. And I am fairly certain it hasn't been detected.

And Thanks!

Ed/ODF
Thats a beauty Ed!!!
NIce finds, still waiting for above freezing temps to thaw the ground. At least the snow is almost gone. In hopes I can get out and be so lucky as you.
WOW !! I have found several halves but yet to find a Barber half. Congrats!!!
Look's like you have another great site there Ed. Great finds.
Great idea Ed, there are plenty of those areas we just have to get up and out -

Thanks for sharing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's