Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: It's been awhile!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!  I haven't been out in a while and I haven't posted anything in months!
I figured I'd better post something so some of you knew I was still alive!  I have nothing very exciting and nothing nearly as cool as Leo the Silver Slayer or Ohio's giant silver. 
Went out Sunday to a WWII training Air Field. Got permission to hunt near the old barracks. This field is where they trained the Army Air Corp to fly B-29's, it became part of the Manhattan project. If you are not familiar with the Manhattan project, it's the code name for our first atomic program and ultimately helped end the war.

Well, sure sounds inviting, right?  Besides finding several brass .50 cal casings all I found was a 1942 or 43 Merc and a 1942 Wheaty.  Below is a pic of the Merc. The terrible part is that the Merc was so crusty from the soil that I didn't immediately recognize it as silver. This Air Base is less than 2 miles from the Bonneville Salt Flats.

I also found a beautiful Coca-Cola bottle, it was bottled in Richfield, UT. A first for me. I'll add pics later. 
Thanks for looking.
Nice on the silver. Congrats!
Congrats on finding silver!
Glad to see you got out SLC! Good to see ya back.
Man SLC that Merc is pretty toasted. But a great find regardless. Glad to see you are out again! Sounds like a fabulous location.

Thanks for the big silver comment!!! I almost had a heart attack when I saw that last big one! LOL

Ed/ODF
Sweet Merc. Congrats!
Congrats on the silver .
Reference URL's