Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Had the day off but I felt like alergy kicked in - only went out for an hour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today was a day off - I switched to baby sit my grand daughter tomorrow - funny today was free and I think an allergy kick my butt good - finally after lunch and another cup of strong coffee I made it out. I decided only to dig those signals that land upper right but lower then the top. Sounds funny to say but it is an Explorer 2 and for whatever reason I am still learning signals. In my last few posts I said that I changed some settings and was looking for certain sound or display area of the screen.
Well today being I was only able to muster an hour or so that is what I tried for and was lucky enough to get two signals in that area. Both were coins but not silver or old.
The first one turned out to be a quarter at 4 inches standing straight up - I saw it on the inside of the hole. Now this coin didn't ring up as a high tone and the VDI numbers weren't there either. The second one was two new quarters lying flat but not on top of one another totally - the top coins was off a little to the right - I saw them that way when I opened up the hole and they were only two inches down. THe machine didn't ring up high tone and the numbers weren't there.
The only thing really to show are two dog tags - one is official from 1993 and the other is just plan and says Tried and True - it could be a key chain item or for a dog's lease - don't really know for sure - it is aluminnum
Nice haul, love those dog tags, congrats!
Those dog tags probably wrang up like silver, I know they do on my SE Pro. Takes a little getting used to but in time you'll be okay. Sometimes silver dimes will notch in just below the upper right corner if they are very worn. I've found 2 warn barber dimes that way and I could have sworn they sounded like clad dimes.

Nice handful of stuff for an hour!!!Yes

Ed/ODF
Love finding dog tags. Nice finds Tony.
Thanks everyone.
Yes, the tags do ring up high, no complaints here it is part of the hobby.
I have been justy going back to old spots to see if my new settings can help in bringing home more and better stuff. So far I am feeling that my new settings are good and just getting me ready for a raod trip to a researched area. Probably will be soon but not this weekend.
Good luck to all
Reference URL's