Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Adding another detector to the arsenal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Different detectors for different scenarios right? That's what I'm telling myself based on the used Minelab Sovereign GT I bought off a guy, lol. Figured I need a good beach detector for the wet sand when I go this summer and something to maybe use in some fields. Now I have my Etrac for coinshooting and will have the GT for the beach. If I play my cards right, maybe by this summer I will be able to add a Fisher F-19 for relic hunting
My motto is you can never have too many toys.
That would be awesome, good luck!
I'm beginning to feel that way as well Bobby. I'm leaning toward an AT Gold though. There's something about it that makes me want it. And I'm beating the living hell out of my SE Pro!
(03-27-2015 06:47 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm beginning to feel that way as well Bobby. I'm leaning toward an AT Gold though. There's something about it that makes me want it. And I'm beating the living hell out of my SE Pro!

Yea man its an addiction, lol. But i do see a benefit in having multiple detectors for different situations....now it just needs to get nice enough so i can actually get out and detect
I was that way before I purchased the Explorer - I use it for dirt and wet or dry sand. I am not the type to go into the water - Jersey beaches are very rough - I did try a lake once with a White PI but I can't get teh dam coil to stay put, it flops around. I never took the time to get some card board in behind the nut to tighten it. I used some cardboard once on my Exp coil and it works well, even stays put if I dip it the ocean.

But I do have a few detectors but not for different types of hunting. Maybe I should get a new machine for the beach, hmm something to think about! I could trade in my dirty pennies, they say some folks are hoarding pennies before 1981 because someday they will be worth two cents.
That sounds like another new post - terrific!
(03-31-2015 10:22 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I was that way before I purchased the Explorer - I use it for dirt and wet or dry sand. I am not the type to go into the water - Jersey beaches are very rough - I did try a lake once with a White PI but I can't get teh dam coil to stay put, it flops around. I never took the time to get some card board in behind the nut to tighten it. I used some cardboard once on my Exp coil and it works well, even stays put if I dip it the ocean.

But I do have a few detectors but not for different types of hunting. Maybe I should get a new machine for the beach, hmm something to think about! I could trade in my dirty pennies, they say some folks are hoarding pennies before 1981 because someday they will be worth two cents.
That sounds like another new post - terrific!

It's the only hobby I like to spend my money on really, lol. Just figured it'd be nice to have another one to switch things up every once in a while
Dangitbobby, you got me thinking about another detector now. Maybe your right - I would liove to try a Deus. I just bought a wot coil to strave off my urges of a newer deeper machine but now maybe that won't give me the real fix I think I need
Haha I'm not trying to promote spending money, lol...but we all gotta do what we gotta do. I'm sure you will figure it out
Reference URL's