Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wireless Head Sets - Blue Tooth compatable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the new information from all of you guys.

I see the blue tooth transmitter goes for about 37 to 41 or so depending on who sells it

Now Bob you said the headphones were the best? What were they and what will you change to? Keep me posted
Tony
Hi all don't get on much but i have been swinging with the auvio 33-283's and the TDK WR 700s wireless headphones for a few yrs now. The wireless dongle or transmitter is has a 3.5 mm plug. So some machine u will need the 1/4" adapter(most). Both work very well on all machines,  and will work on all machines. Here's the kicker, some machines u will need the inline volume control to clean up tones, or help convert the tones. If u are picky with ur tones like i am u will want the inline volume control no matter what. Some machines with built-in volume control sound just ok without the inline volume control. If ur gonna go this route i recommend the inline volume control no matter what. Can get them on ebay or amazon for like $6-10 last time i checked. I would also recommend getting a better quality 1/4" adapter. Seems to make a difference with better sound quality. I use a gold plated one also around $10-12. 
The auvio 33-283's are hard to find, TDK WR 700s are going for on ave 70-100$ on eBay new and used. Zero lag on either pairs
Hello Kickinsomedirt, thanks for adding to this post. I just might get myself a early christmas present, Happy
I just purchased a set by Detectronix that are RF high frequency at 2.4 MHz   They will work with any detector that has a headphone jack 6.5 (1/4) or 3.5 (1/8). It is made for metal detectors and built to attach. They come in a nice zippered case with everything you need. They cost 89.00 on Amazon including shipping. I love them and there is no delay issues whatsoever. God Bless.
I have two pair of the Deteknix. Both work flawless and only 89 bucks from seriousdetecting.com. Weight is 4 ounces and there isn't any lag or loss of connection. The pair that I have don't cover the whole ear. However if you're a fan of that style of headphone Deteknix has those in the works as well. Easy to charge. Easy to install ( literally like 5 seconds) and you can use them on any devices that has a 1/4" or 1/8" plug in. They operate at 32 Ohm impedance. Very clear sound. They come in a nifty little case so they won't take up much room in your gear bag.

I have seen folk try to use several gadgets to come up with wireless headphones. I don't understand why they wouldn't just buy a set of these because of the simple operation in a ready to go kit.
I had two sets of the Deteknix headphones and ended up sending them both back because of a constant problem with them losing the receive/transmit connection. I also can point you to at least six other individuals who have likewise gone through a dozen pair of them with the same problem. The Deteknix factory rep replied to an e-mail of mine that indeed there is an issue with cell phone and EMI signals disrupting the connection, especially in urban settings. Serious Detecting tells me that success like yours has been very spotty. I would not trust them on my F75 because it does not run with a threshold in disc and it could be cutting out and you would not even know it. Do you run in all metal or with a disc setting?....same with your other detectors. On an etrac they will work but constantly click on and off and you will hear the threshold intermittently.

I would personally caution anyone using these headphones to DYODD before using them.

This is typical of peoples experiences
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discus...3276,93316
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,2231347
(02-02-2016 08:43 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I had two sets of the Deteknix headphones and ended up sending them both back because of a constant problem with them losing the receive/transmit connection. I also can point you to at least six other individuals who have likewise gone through a dozen pair of them with the same problem. The Deteknix factory rep replied to an e-mail of mine that indeed there is an issue with cell phone and EMI signals disrupting the connection, especially in urban settings. Serious Detecting tells me that success like yours has been very spotty.  I would not trust them on my F75 because it does not run with a threshold in disc and it could be cutting out and you would not even know it. Do you run in all metal or with a disc setting?....same with your other detectors. On an etrac they will work but constantly click on and off and you will hear the threshold intermittently.

I would personally caution anyone using these headphones to DYODD before using them.

This is typical of peoples experiences
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discus...3276,93316
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,2231347

I run disc on my F 75 with no problem. I have used them on all my detectors and they have worked flawless. I will keep using them and keep telling people I have been totally satisfied. I live in the Houston area and it's a big city and still no problem.
If you are running in disc you have no threshold.
If you have no threshold or continuous tone to tell you the connection is holding , how do you know if the headphones are cutting out or not? They cut out sporadically , maybe for 10 seconds before reacquiring the link up , and you could swing right over targets in that time , especially in a trashy area. I would try them with a detector that runs a threshold or in AM on your F75 and see if they are cutting out or not.
Perhaps you're the lucky one who got a pair that work ; perhaps Deteknix has changed the manufacturing components.
There's really not much more I could add to this thread except for my personal experience. I went wireless last year with the Rapoo 3070's. I picked them up for $44 USD. They work well with the etrac but after a year, as mentioned previously, the batteries die rather quickly. Back to being tethered to my etrac. Sad
I have gone back to the Rapoos as well RelicMedic after the failed attempts with the Deteknix and not without some issues. The first set of Rapoos held the connection just fine but this second pair occasionally gets separated as well but only for split second intervals , very irritating. The poor quality of the construction of the 3070s was why I was looking forward to the Deteknix but they appear to be constructed cheaply INSIDE.
It's possible the Rapoos have begun using the same crap for construction inside that Deteknix uses. The bad thing about the Rapoos is finding a stateside dealer you can return them to if they are bad...everything comes from China and I do not feel comfortable returning a $50 item to Bejing.Smirk

The products that Deteknix has recently introduced appear to be very poor quality. The pinpointer is only slightly better than the $25 knockoffs of the Garrett that were showing up and the reviews of the Quest detector are a joke with wet spots in the screens and flexing shafts...no way I will touch anything from Deteknix at this point.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's