Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wireless Head Sets - Blue Tooth compatable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all, Jayie just asked about this question in the other post about what gadets would you like to see come out for metal detecting but I thought this would be better if we started a new thread and maybe folks can speak up about
1)Which wireless head sets are the best out there right now?

2)Which ones can accept or use Blue Tooth? If not how hard is it to get this made for head sets? Maybe there is another option to incorporate Blue Tooth

3)What other optons are there to cut the cord? - so to speak

4)What are the cheapest wireless ones and do they work?

5)What are the best wireless headsets and are they compatible with all detectors or only some brands?

6)Jayie, please add in any comments that I may have not stated correctly
Here's my 2 cents worth---
bluetooth don't work--- ask Makro
I've used the Rapoo 3070 on a couple of units and they seem to work best on the etrac.
The CTX sounds like it has a little lag and a MXT sort of buzzes. The F75 sounds bad.
After two years the batteries now only last about 2 hours instead of 6 so I don't use them much anymore. They cost about $50.

There are some --- Sennheisser RS 160 --that are supposed to work very well but they ain't cheap. Kleer technology
TDK makes some that have a good following as well but use AAA batteries and are pricey as well
Dusty, thanks for sharing your results. Its good to know that there are a few choices out there. What did you mean pricey? over or under $50.00 dollars?
Also you didn't say how long it takes to recharge the batteries.
Batteries on he Rapoos charge pretty quick but if you're in the field even a couple hours would be a lifetime.
You can find a wide range of prices on line on the others. The Sennheisers are available on a "scratched and dent" basis for a little over $80 on amazon. MSRP is over 200.
I always carry a pair of plug ins with me if I'm going to get very far from the truck.
Hello Dusty, I never heard of these -
The Sennheisers are available on a "scratched and dent" basis for a little over $80 on amazon. MSRP is over 200

I'll have to check them out and read up on them!
Thanks for sharing

Dusty, I found these on Amozon - are these the ones you are talking about? Or is ther another type - there are otehrs listed but - hey us old guys and new technologies are a bear!

Sennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphones
Whoa..How did I miss this thread... my bad. 
I honestly have/had no idea if there were wireless headsets out there at all. 
I have this rivalry with cords and wires of any kind all my life. they're out to get me.
Ill definitely go check out those headsets mentioned. Big Grin
Hello Jayie, yeah they are out there for metal detecting but it's not talked about. A few manufacturers are starting to offer them with new machines, I think whites and Minelab
I have heard that some of the wireless technology has a delay especially with Bluetooth, not what you want when swinging your detector. I have heard good things about Kleer technology headphones especially TDK WR 700.  I am not sure what all detectors they are compatible with but they are compatible with several including Minelab Xterra 705's. That's the one I have so I plan to order one on eBay for a little over $115.   There are slightly different versions of them, the better ones are for further distance from the receiver to the sending unit. I don't believe that's an issue for us. From what I hear Kleer Technology Headphones are well worth buying ?, and people that have them will not go back to being wired!   These headphones must be pretty nice if at the end of the day they'll help find more?due to their comfort level and hearing deeper finds. ? They are also comfortable in the sense that we are not running around city parks squawking? and becoming annoying to others. ?  My only question is with buds you can remove one and hear outside noises easier, with these that will be an issue unless you are hunting with a friend.  I plan to hunt mainly with my grandchildren so will probably not be an issue. ?
I have used an FM transmitter set to a blank frequency and then used a little Sony walkman digital tune FM radio to pick up the signal and listen through earbuds. It does work with no appreciable delay but the little transmitter, which is a sweet idea to begin with, has only about an hour and a half of charge on it so I'm back to just earbuds in the summer. Although wireless headphones are a great idea. I have a set of full ear muff Plantronics for listening to music and youtube on my computer, the charge load is only about 4 or 5 hours tops. So be aware of the specs on the type you buy. I go out for 4 to 6 hours a day. An hour and a half of battery time doesn't cut it.

If they would make our machines so that they would charge peripherals like little FM tuners plugged in, like they do with gadgets connected in the newer cars, well, problem solved.

But one of those new GO machines from Minelab does have iPhone and Android apps which makes it wireless. My phone has standby of 48 hours and I'm sure 4 hours a day wouldn't hurt it detecting as I charge it every night religiously.

Ed/ODF
Saw this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipkBMqcBVCM
and told a friend of my to watch it, he did and ordered the unit. We tested it out this past week on our E-Trac's. It worked good but the headphones were a cheap pair need to look into a better set. Also there is alittle getting use too with the pinpointing.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's