Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Day 10 2015 Seated Dime!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Day nine was a bust. I did find three wheats and some clad but my battery crapped out and I had to hike back to the truck to get some alkaline's and just decided to throw in the towel as we had about 1/2 inch of rain in the am and everywhere was just a bog. Kind of like surf hunting in the woods. Slosh, Slosh!!!

Day 10 couldn't be that bad. It was snowing, 25 degrees, winds between 10 and 20 MPH. But..... I could see where I was searching by my little footy prints in the inch or so of snow. And I found out that I really do walk around in circles!!!! LOL

So I went to a new spot I scoped out over the winter. In the woods and high enough of elevation that I didn't have to deal with slogging through bogs. Not much to report really. A lead bullet, shell casing and clad quarter not shown. Found 2 campfire spots with a lot of foil. I was getting pretty cold and was a long way from the truck and I started heading out when I came upon this little guy. Believe it or not it blew a SOLID 1-29 VID and a screamer with gain at 9, sense at 28, and 4 inches down under 2 inches of leaves.

Have a great time out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Ed/ODF

Reshot this photo with only one light. Other one was too washed out and the detail didn't show as well.
Boy Ed, those campfire spots are really producing for you. Beautiful Seated! Gerry
Very cool coin!
congrats
Nice, congrats!
First ever seated!!! That's awesome Ed. It's still on my list. I have one question. You had to go back to the truck for batteries?
Sweet Dime!! Congrats!
That sure is a beauty. Congrats!
(03-27-2015 10:07 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]First ever seated!!! That's awesome Ed. It's still on my list. I have one question. You had to go back to the truck for batteries?

Addiction (to detecting) is a bad thing. After faithfully charging my 2nd battery set at the ranch, I of course left the pack on my desk in the BIG RUSH to get to work. I usually keep all my "get in the truck" stuff at the table by the front door. This time the alarm rang and I jumped into my duds and left like hell hath no fury. Getting old and being a retired bricklayer isn't the best thing in the world. (Because you don't have to recharge batteries on masonry tools! Chuckle ) But man Will, when you reach the top of the hill, turn on the machine and then see you have an hour tops on the level meter, boy, can the fire turn on yourself about being such a Klutz!

Hey, I was in a hurry, my dog ate it, it was her fault, I was drunk at the time.... it's a never ending story! Shit happens! Happens to me alot!

Ed/ODF

(03-27-2015 07:42 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Boy Ed, those campfire spots are really producing for you. Beautiful Seated! Gerry

Gerry, I think I have come to know some facts about the woods, especially in the areas I hunt. I mean we have some glacial placer rocks here and there that are about the size of shopping carts and a few as Volkswagen Beetles; but when you start to see these basketball and watermelon sized rocks sticking out of the ground and sort of misaligned for a campfire but a few are still in somewhat of a semicircle, well, I just check them out and the surrounding area. Funny thing is, back at that what "I think" was a Scout camp, I found bricks, some with mortar still attached, in the same configuration. And near there I found that 1902 Barber Quarter with the two corroded wheats.

Today though the rocks were there, but so many that I thought it was just a field of exposed rocks. And the seated today was far from them. So it's a puzzle. I'll have to look into the area more historically. The real deal is research. The prize is discovery!

Hope you can get out and make some great finds this season. Looking forward to it!

Ed/ODF

And thanks all you guys! Although I appreciate the replies, I really do this to show that it can be done. I never in my life thought it could be! My perseverance and tenacity are a kind of reflection of what I really see on this fabulous site. And whatever important comes to me through my searches is what I post. I sincerely love this hobby and love all your inspiring and wonderful finds and posts. I hope that what I see and what I show is an inspiration to others out there who have the inclination to detect.

It's out there. Go find it. And then "become" a "Detectorist"!!!

Ed/ODF
Right on Ed!! That sucker is in great shape!!!!
SCORE!!!!!!!!! Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's