Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Vintage Brass Match Case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Digging through my pouch today I remembered I found this yesterday, before I found the seated dime. This was about 50 feet from where the dime was. The one below that is one I found on a google image search. They're called Brass Vesta Case Pocket Match Safe and were produced from the 1870's until 1930. Hard to say how old mine is but I would hazard a guess at the 20's.
That's really cool Ed. I love the unusual finds like that.
(03-28-2015 05:33 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]That's really cool Ed. I love the unusual finds like that.

I was kind of surprised as I thought at first it was some kind of lighter. I've never seen one before.

I didn't go out today. Man, is it as cold down the Burgh way as it is here? Got up to a whopping 26 degrees. Froze my ass off just going to the grocery store.
Awesome find Ed. Btw my name is Ed as well.
Nice find Ed Yes

I found one last spring just like it but a wee bit older (turn of the century).

I'd be hittin that place s few more times if I were you Wink
(03-28-2015 05:39 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2015 05:33 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]That's really cool Ed. I love the unusual finds like that.

I was kind of surprised as I thought at first it was some kind of lighter. I've never seen one before.

I didn't go out today. Man, is it as cold down the Burgh way as it is here? Got up to a whopping 26 degrees. Froze my ass off just going to the grocery store.

Yep. It's freezin over here buddy. I had the whole morning to myself too. I just sat in front of the tube.
(03-28-2015 06:56 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice find Ed Yes

I found one last spring just like it but a wee bit older (turn of the century).

I'd be hittin that place s few more times if I were you Wink

I am tomorrow. Off all day and double work schedule hits again on Monday. I'd originally scoped that place out for an area that I didn't yet get to that shows promise on the 52 Aerials and I'm hoping it was a big hunters or family campground at one time. I've got a brass shell casing that looks pretty close to yours that you posted a couple of days ago. I have to clean it up. Ok cleaned it up. It's a centerfire 25-20, A-CO., WCF.
And I think I found a round ball pistol lead. Dime is in there for size.

Ed/ODF
That's cool, I wouldn't mind finding a old Zippo.
ODF - ED - really nice match case you found there - you certainly are in a fresh site that no one has deteted before. Your research has paid you dividens
All good finds Ed

but in looking at your match holder a bit closer

it looks to me like it's a little older than the "20s" per the design/pattern on it

I'm more inclined to say 1890s/turn of the century old from the looks of it

I don't have 100% proof but that design just doesn't look "20s" to me - it looks a few decades older Yes
Reference URL's