Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Had the itch to get out today but nothing terrific turned up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I had the itch to get out today. It was very cold the last two nights and temps went below 29 around this area of NJ - close to NYC. I had chores to do and stuff - I finally got out around 2:30 or so and the weather was ok, cool but nice in the sun.
Some areas of these two places that I went to were frozen - man I couldn't get below two inches. In other spots I was able to dig several inches without an issue.
I did find two wheat cents and a George Washington 2007 dollar coin. That was the best of it - everything else that thought it was a silver coin turned out to be clad stuff. I think the weather and moisture had an effect on detecting today in these sposts.
I hope you all were able to get out and get some goodies!
Me too Tony. Got a bunch of junk, some clad and 1-1909 Wheat in good shape but not a VDB. Went to a new area and then switched to an old area but found basically zip there except for a lot of iron.
Glad to see you getting out and hope it warms up there, we are in the 70's here.
Warm weather is just ahead, how soon is anybodys guess. Yeah, it was a different day for me - the wife and I had plans to meet another couple for a great feast at a special restaurant. So after errands and stuff I still had time to pass - but the others never called us. Crazy how folks don't let you know that they are not coming for wahtever reason. I could have gone to a better site but further from home.
Reference URL's