Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: F19 And A Lone Injun ;-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick 1.5 hr hunt today on an old standby site (1870s - 1960s) that I hunt like once a yr when I don't have a lot of time - it's close by...

The "yard" has modern trash so I tend to stay out back in the field area where there's more iron and far less modern stuff to deal with...

Each time I hunt this place I find less and less (today was no different) but I did manage a few cool finds ;-)

stamped "US" rimfire cartridge
1889 injun
button
buckle
nice iron barn spike ;-)
lantern part
etc

F19, 5x10" coil, V break 29, 0 disc, vol 10 to quiet down the tiny iron bits/nails (love this machine)!

[Image: 1880s%20001_zpsw2hpctlm.jpg]

[Image: 1880s%20002_zpso8gujeu6.jpg]

[Image: 1880s%20004_zpsqed5yuwc.jpg]

[Image: 1880s%20003_zpshx4zuiht.jpg]
Always nice to score an Indian!!

Still getting a good number of targets so still the chance of a nice old silver.

I like those old barn spikes!!

Looks like you had a great day weather wise as well!!
Nice hunt MRH!! Yes on the IH! The weather is finally getting better. Out today too about same amount of time but just shotgun brass. Did find an old roadbed though with a moss covered stone wall in one section. Agree with Ron. Keep cleaning it out. Yes
Hello MichiganRelicHunter, nice gathering of of finds you have there. Cool relics and the indian head is in terrific shape. Great to have an old backup place to hunt when time is short and you get the itch that we all have to scratch!
Congratulations!
Good job on getting an IH!
Really nice finds. Amazing the history you can pull from the ground.
Reference URL's