Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Went to a Sledding Hill for a short hunt today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals, I went to a Sledding Hill for a short hunt today. After my baby sitting was done - I hemed and hoed (I Think that is spelled correct - if not you get the point) where to go for a short hunt. I couldn't go back to the last place - I just feel that I need to find different places. I finally decided on a sledding high that was hunted over the years - as they say "it was pounded". I didn't want to just pick up clad and crap stuff. But I took the small coil and went real slow - or at least I thought I was going slow. I was able to pick up two badly correded wheat cents - one was 1940 the other didn't have a visible date on it. I did land a 1937 mercury dime - it was also badly spotted with rust stains - probably why others missed it over the years. But I heard what othes say is an "Iffy sound" - it didn't ring up as a silver on the EXP II - it came in as dime but the sound was too good and I liked where it landed on the display screen. So - I was happy to see it - no brag - it's the little things that make me smile.

Good luck to all, get out while it's moist - signals were terrific today in NJ
Good catch on everything! Who cares about the spelling! YOU GOT A MERC! YesYesYes Sledding hills are tough. Been pounded to DEATH! Nice finds Tony!
Wow, good find on the merc!
Grats on the Merc BigTony.
Cool beans

silver is silver is silver Yes

Beer
Thanks evedrybody - I was never a fan of spelling and now after two libations I am worse. Yeah - sledding hills are a different animal indeed. This one has a picknic area right next to it so the kids just throw all of their junk around. I am not even sure that it is used for sledding anymore.
More silver in the bank for you. Nice finds.
Bullett Bob, a big thank you. It was tough out there - cold damp and trashy but I am trying to learn some things about my machine and it is paying off
Reference URL's