Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1888 1 Sen and Silver #45 FTY.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a beautiful day out so pain or not I had to get out and hunt. First I went to the park to see if I could finally find my first keeper gold. Well that was not meant to be. So after that I knocked on a few doors. The first was a no one home despite the front door being opened and just a screen door stopping you. But on the 2nd I got a go ahead and went to work. I found very little clad no wheat cents and it was not looking good. I was down to just the small side yard and BAM I got a 14-44 at 3in and I thought just 1 more memorial until I saw a bigger coin. I thought is was a modern Chinese or Japanese coin but after I researched it on the web it is a 1 Sen minted from 1973 to 1897. The Sen had a few types and this is type 1 with a date of 1888. after that I got a 12-44 at 4in and out popped a Rosie that at first I thought was clad but had to rub it to see. It is a 1959 Rosie and silver #45 FTY.

[Image: 100_2364_zpswv6pu4ri.jpg]
[Image: 100_2368_zpsbeos021t.jpg]
[Image: 100_2369_zpsjszokdu6.jpg]
[Image: 100_2370_zpsilajlxdm.jpg]
[Image: 100_2371_zps2hcjglo4.jpg]
Congrats on both coins Wild!! That Sen is in nice condition. And It's Japanese. I found a silver one a while back dated from 1922.

I used this site: http://www.joerch.org/coins/asia.html

Ed/ODF
Hello Wilddigger, very cool finds! I love the Chinese Sen coin, usually we see them with a hole in the center. Nice to see one without the center missing.
(04-01-2015 10:30 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Wilddigger, very cool finds! I love the Chinese Sen coin, usually we see them with a hole in the center. Nice to see one without the center missing.

This is a Japanese coin not a Chinese one. The Japanese 1 Sen did not have a hole from what I have read. I have found a Chinese cash coin from the late 1700's with a square hole.
Great finds. I like that old Japanese coin.
Very nice coins, congrats!
Great find on the Chinese Sen coin. Plus silver looks like you had a great day.
Reference URL's