Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bounty Hunting the alley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Me and Og went out diggin for a couple hours after work today. We went back to basics with just a Bounty Hunter between us taking turns with it. It was the Gold Digger, but we didn't dig any gold. We did get some cool stuff. There is so much iron at this place. I'm sure there has to be some great finds hiding in there somewhere. We got some kind of brass lid thing with a design on it, a fancy old spoon, a cool derringer cap gun in several pieces, a nice marble, and an old key for something. The coolest thing in my opinion is the Plymouth hood ornament. Ogs favorite is the cap gun. I paid $20 for this detector. It works pretty good.
Hello Pittsburgwill and OG, it apepars that you guys had a very fun day! Congratulations on the finds! Keep at it - things will get even better.
(04-01-2015 10:32 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Pittsburgwill and OG, it apepars that you guys had a very fun day! Congratulations on the finds! Keep at it - things will get even better.

I'll be back down the alley with more firepower soon. I promise.
Hello Pittsburg, just take it slow - right now you are doing great and enjoying the hobby to the max - it will be there whenever you are ready.
(04-01-2015 11:13 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Pittsburg, just take it slow - right now you are doing great and enjoying the hobby to the max - it will be there whenever you are ready.

I already have the guns. We were just having a little fun today. I've been thinking about this spot all winter. I might try the TDI down there next. Might sound crazy with all the iron, but we'll see.
Good haul, congrats!
Looking good.
Man you find a lot of stuff!!! Like that Plymouth emblem! You sure ain't cherry picken!!!
(04-02-2015 09:16 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Man you find a lot of stuff!!! Like that Plymouth emblem! You sure ain't cherry picken!!!

I just can't do it Ed. I can't cherry pick. A solid tone I must dig. You should see the bag of trash I threw out. Screw caps always sound good.

Check this out. http://m.ebay.com/itm/391103192343?nav=SEARCH I think it's a Model T key we found.
Wow, that is something. Now that picture makes it look older. Congatulations again.

I found a hub cap last year and I toss it aside - it was very small so I thought it was a center hub from a newer car but after I researched it - I found out it was from a 1940 ford. I am glad that i took it at the end of the hunt that day. Even though it wasn't worth much - just to have one from that timeframe was cool enough for me -

So your key is even older and that makes it special to you. Very cool!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's