Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: April Fools walk and found time to get some silvers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, and once again - Happy April Folls Day!

Today my grandaughter was brought to my home for babysitting. So after our breakfeast I decided to take her in the stroller and walk the main avenue. There was so much for her to see (trucks, school busses, jittney busses and a whole bunch more) that she didn't fall asleep during the stroll downtown. While we were walking I spotted what looked like a crushed gold earring, and it was! Small and really light weight but hey it is 14k. No brag - I am just happy to find it.
Afterwards of babysitting I went back to the sledding hill where I found the silver coin the other day. Today was windy and not as warm as the weatherman said it was.
I did the same thing - trying to find good targetrs in between the junk - both of the silver coins I found today - the VDI numbers and the display - were not on - but I guess folks call them "iffy" signals. The first was a 1951 Rosie and the second (in the same hole with the bottle cap dispalyed in photo) was another 1937 mercury - go figure. Two 37's on two different days at the same site and all masked by junk. Oh yeah - I did get some clad coins that all thought they were quarters but they are not included in the photo.
Nice finds. Gold on the street is pretty cool. I see shiny stuff on the sidewalk sometimes, but I always ignore it figuring it's just junk. It's funny I enjoy digging junk out of the ground, but I don't want to pick it up off the street.
Hello PittsburgWill - yeah this hobby is crazy like that - but I am the kind that can no longer pass up a penny on the sidewalk - carzy I tell you ....
The earring was shinning in the sun so it was an easy thing to spot - very lucky today
BigTony since I started this hobby I notice everything on the ground. I'm tellin ya this hobby will change a persons point of view.
Good stuff man!
Wow, congrats on the gold!
Cool, thanks guys!
More silver in the bank . Way to go. And good eyeballing !!
Nice catch on the 2 silvers and good eye on the earring!
Thanks ODF/Ed and BullettBob, I am not killing it but I feel I am off to a good start this year. Better then the past years. Which brings me to a new topic being that I have been using this detctor for over five years and finally feel more confident on how to use it.
Reference URL's