Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Urban Treasure Hunting/Big Penny's Are Where U Find Em ;-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Started out as a chilly overcast type day yesterday morning on my way into the City but cleared up by the time I arrived at my predetermined hunting location that I scoped out earlier in the week while doing a plaster job for a guy down the road. This place is within the city limits just on the border of the outskirts of town behind some commercial buildings but once had an old farm on it as the Windmill still stands on the property thru the thick of the trees but not showing itself in my pictures.

According to the size/style of the Big Penny - it's of the 1816 - 1835 Matron Head variety --- but unfortunately I can't get an exact date off her due to corrosion/wear Undecided

Tool used = CTX 3030 w/stock coil and dug at 10/11" deep as my Predator Shovel blade is 12" and I cut a plug to the hilt and the coin was in the bottom of the plug.

Found a few wheats from the teens and other items not shown too --- but --- didn't want to spend the time editing wheat penny/etc. pictures!

[Image: bigpenny%20002_zps3dzg5bg9.jpg]

[Image: bigpenny%20003_zpstfzynej5.jpg]

[Image: bigpenny%20004_zpsltdjrrg7.jpg]
Great find on that penny, especially out in that kind of ground environment. WTG!!!!!
Great find Wayne. I'm always city diggin.
Wayne , large cent are always fun to see in the hole.
Good find, congrats!
Reference URL's