Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Any clue what this is?...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thing is the size of a quarter...was from a park that was a tent city in san fran after the big earthquake....
There is an upside down 4 in one of those holes and a really fancy monogram in triangle...
[attachment=528]
A lead weight used to hold down either the  hem of a  dress or draperies back in the day . I've found a  few  in different sizes  but never one that big or  engraved   with  symbols or  numbers like that one .That's a pretty classy one  . Yes
(08-09-2013 01:54 AM)George in SSF Wrote: [ -> ]A lead weight used to hold down either the  hem of a  dress or draperies back in the day . I've found a  few  in different sizes  but never one that big or  engraved   with  symbols or  numbers like that one .That's a pretty classy one  . Yes

George is correct Yes Coincidentally, I dug one of those just this past weekend...the first one in many years. Mine had a '4' too, but, no triangle. Still, as George said, used in tapered garments.

Joe
Nice hem weight!
Sweet thanks so much for the Id.
Never would have guessed. Wink
They were also used to keep shower curtains from blowing out or sucking in on you. Hay I use to use them for that many years ago.  Frank...
Reference URL's