Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: you tube School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watch a lot of detectorist on you tube. What I would love to see more of is how to survey spots what to look for at a new spot where is the best place to start? That kind of info are there any of those around I haven't  seen?
Sam, you mean a how to video? Beats me - maybe someone can point us in the right direction. Usually instructional videos are from the manufacturers but hey a how too from a private person would be cool to watch.
I've really never seen a video that describes where to look and what to look for. Being that I primitive hunted for many years of my life, the latest finds of March this year were searching for likely spots that hunters would set up camp. There were a few clues for that, one being rocks in the woods formed into kind of a shape for a campfire. The other one was finding foil and old tin cans out in the woods. That's just one aspect of it. The other one I like to use is where could someone drive into the woods and have a blanket picnic lunch with a sweetie or family. Old bottles and bits of foil are sometimes a clue for that. There are dozens of others. One is find and follow old petroleum or gas lines. The workers there took many breaks along the path of those digs. And another is look for old wagon trails in the woods. You can see them pretty easy by looking at the tree growth and the lay of the ground. If you use your imagination you can come up with all kinds of ideas based on your location and what surrounds you. Just takes a little practice and a focused eye. And a lot of persistence. You can do it. It's easy once you get to know what to look for. You have to cover a lot of ground but once you start to find stuff that really dates and shows an era of life, you'll become a bloodhound out in the woods!!!

I know I am. HH Sam!

Ed/ODF
Thanks Ed
That helps I just started looking in a section Of woods 
I started and basically looked around what I thought was the biggest and oldest trees I see where people have been. It is very exciting I am still trying to develop some sort of system.
Sam
(04-06-2015 05:38 PM)samrussell Wrote: [ -> ]I watch a lot of detectorist on you tube. What I would love to see more of is how to survey spots what to look for at a new spot where is the best place to start? That kind of info are there any of those around I haven't  seen?

Lots of my vids show where and why I hunt certain spots.  I have two vids showing how to use maps, google earth, gps and ebay to find spots to hunt. I have one vid on how to hunt a volleyball court.
Reference URL's