Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Any WOT users out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone use a WOT 15 inch coil?

If so do they really go deep? How do you pin point using such a large coil?

Are the sounds the same as any other coils?

Thanks and good luck out there!
I have one and use it when it's appropriate--large fields or little trash.
Depth depends on the ground more than coil size. If the stock goes deep , the WOT or any larger coil , should go a little deeper but not necessarily proportionate to the size difference of the coils , i.e.--I don't think the WOT will be 4" deeper. I have tough soil and the gain will be less and possibly only a gain of coverage which is what I'm aiming at in the first place since little exists here at depths beyond 8 or 9" anyway. The WOT pinpoints okay but I always take a little extra time and do it twice--sometimes shallow coins at the edges will throw you off . It pays to super tune the pinpointer to make sure of your location if you can. The sensitivity is great as I've dug a large number of clamping buttons that hold pins/jewelry/earrings on at depths to 6"--they usually give you a 12-03 to 06 reading and sound very clean. It's abit weighty however and I use a swing aid of my own design if I'm going to swing it for more than a hour or so unless there are lots of targets to dig for the rest. You really have to use the tones which are the same but because of the size it will give you some strange ones if you have multiple targets in the area at the same time. It's lighter than the SEF 15" and the NEL and bigger than the Ultimate which is not enough bigger than the stock to justify having it , which is why I always seem to use the WOT instead.
There are good deals on them out there for about $150
Dusty, thanks for the reply. I can't wait to try it because of the hype. I use a 10x12 SEF and it does find stuff pretty good but the tales are that the WOT will go deeper.
So I just have to try and get it out of my system.
Reference URL's