Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My guess is , it was worth the wait. Congrats.
Very nice Yes
Thanks for the reply's this coin is really special as you see when they stamped it they didn't have it down far enough for the horses head or the gold wasn't soft enough as it is smaller around than a lot of 1/4 stators, But it is thicker so the weight is the same for other gold coins of its size. And for sure I will be going back for another try next near probley in march and I will have to sign up fast as normally they are booked for 1 1/2 years in advance. Here is the website with many pages of finds for you to enjoy http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/home.htm
HOLY BEJESUS, STEVE!!! That's sick!!!!! Sorry for the late reply, but my activity has been very limited here. That is indeed the find of a lifetime, and I believe it deserves a spot on our banner. Congrats on an amazing find, my friend Yes Beer

Joe
(04-10-2015 06:46 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Well finally after 45 years of detecting I found my first gold coin it is a
10-40 AD Cunoblein Celtic gold qtr stater - sent to PAS for recording
1.34g, 10.1mm
Found on my trip to England just getting around to start posting pictures.
will post the other stuff this week

Wow, stunning quarter stater mate! gl and hh!
Really awesome find. Glad you found it!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's