Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Went out today with Mr. Deep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I called my buddy Mr. Deep last night because I wanted to try out a new addition - a used WOT coil. Man that sucker was heavy.....
I tried it for two hours - I found three quarters and two dimes and mostly these were only 4 or 5 inches deep. This lake area is hard packed from heavy equipment they use every spring.
Then we went to a picnic area where you can only dig if the ground is wet - dam hard pack crap....I used the small coil because I was beat up from the WOT. I found three wheat cents and a 1926 mercury dime.
Mr. Deep found several wheat cents but no silver today.

I hope you like the dirt picture - first of the year for me - I haven't been taking them because has been to cold and my phone battery died on several outings.
Tony in Louisiana there is some mud know as Black Jack mud. Dude that stuff is so hard. It takes a few days of rain to soften it and even then it will give you a workout.
Congrats on the 26 Merc Tony! Yes Yes, those big coils are heavy. "He Man" here can only swing his 12 x10 SEF for max maybe an hour before he gives it up to the pro coil.
Kajunman, black jack mud - the name alone makes it sound tough.

ODF/Ed, I know what you mnean - my 10x12 is heavy and I too opt for a smaller coil after awhile
Reference URL's