Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: which digger to get??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok friends. I'm not one to waste money if I can help...just like most of us. I'm looking into buying a digger. I'm kinda stuck between what to get. I've been looking at a Sampson T-handle or Predator Piranha. Then serrated or not? I don't really dig in 'root-sy' areas. Any help would appreciated!!
I would go with the Piranha. In fact that will most likely be my next significant purchase. Even if you don't do rootsy areas regularly you might get invited to do a woods hunt and it will be handy.
that's exactly what I've been leaning towards getting. Seems like everyone talks pretty of that shovel
I have a Sampson. Get the Predator.
Hello Hosedraggar996, I like the Mini Samson that I bought this past fall/winter. It was around 65 bucks and it works great. I usually get down on my knees due to back problems and try not to aggravate it. So I have the short handle type with a T at the top. Some folks get the longer one and use their foot to push down on
Either way you can't go wrong with it
Just my two cents......
Interesting Tony. I have a 40" ground shark that I love. I love being able to push with my foot then pop open the hole without much bending. This summer though I am going to do a little more woodsy areas and that is why I am looking at the Predator line of shovels.
I have a Sampson with the edges works good for me course i won it. Their both Great like the T handle it will cut them roots.

Good Luck Happy Hunting

Bill
LOL any detecting utensil you win is great. Nothing beats the price.
(04-13-2015 09:06 AM)hosedragger996 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok friends.  I'm not one to waste money if I can help...just like most of us.  I'm looking into buying a digger.  I'm kinda stuck between what to get.  I've been looking at a Sampson T-handle or Predator Piranha.  Then serrated or not?  I don't really dig in 'root-sy' areas.  Any help would appreciated!!

What do you mean when you say digger? Long handled shovel or trowel type?  Where will you be digging?  Parks, private yards, fields or woods?
I have the Samson with serrated edge. I changed to this digger after using a lesch digger for 25 years and wonder how I ever did without it. If you dig in hard ground there is nothing better. Your digging time will be cut in half.
Reference URL's