Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab SE Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys just looking for some helpful input. I've just traded my safari for an SE Pro. Any tips and how will the detector be different?
Good Trade! Take it for a test run. Learn the settings.

Things you have to pay attention to are:
Sensitivity (Manual or Auto)
Volume
Gain
Recovery Speed
Iron Mask
Variability

There are many ways to setup the SE.

My regular settings are as follows:

Volume 10
Gain 8 (sometimes 7 in trashy areas, sometimes 9 in blank areas)
Sensitivity 22 Manual (auto if in a lot of iron) 18 if in trashy areas.
Recovery on FAST. But I do use DEEP occasionally in the woods.
Iron mask on 12 if used in heavy iron, (normally I run wide open with IM OFF)
Variability at 10, it gives you the widest tone set.
AND Threshold to just where you can hear it or slightly above.

Do some air tests on good ground and include trash and iron.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE TONE, but, don't let the iron fool you.
You'll be digging a lot of can tops and nails and screws but once you see how the machine works you'll be able to tell what is iron and trash and what is not. Most of the time anyway. The tone is the giveaway. Sloppy VID #'s will change your mind on to dig or not. I do use the smartscreen, but only if the target is uncertain or iffy or borderline. If the cursor stays in the silver range and is not jumping around, I dig it.

I don't know nothin about the Safari. So that's the way it is.

Hope this helps. Lot's of gobbledygook I know but once you learn it you won't look back. Take my word for it. If you can put that coil over silver, you own it! YesYesYes

Ed/ODF

Oh, and I forgot. Beer You can use Noise Cancel all you want. But I found that I can work right under high power transmission lines with the Noise Cancel set manually at 1 but the sensitivity turned down to about 14 to 16. Which will still get you to 6 to 8 inches depth wise with the Pro Coil.
Thanks so much Ohio. I really enjoyed my safari but I just wanted more info on the screen!! Tell me this. I've read where some people turn recovery deep off and recovery fast off. What does this do to the detector and why would someone want this set up?  Seems to me the detector would have to have one or the other to be effective in certain areas?
(04-13-2015 10:43 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much Ohio. I really enjoyed my safari but I just wanted more info on the screen!! Tell me this. I've read where some people turn recovery deep off and recovery fast off. What does this do to the detector and why would someone want this set up?  Seems to me the detector would have to have one or the other to be effective in certain areas?

If you are at a spot where you may suspect that there are other good finds and you need to slow down your sweeps, then turning them both off can be done. With them both "off" the reaction time is noticeably slower because the base software in the unit chews on the info a tad longer before spitting out a result, hence slower sweeps.

I rarely use it that way though.

On the other hand, you can use them both "On" too. But you gotta be careful because they have a tendency to be a little too quick on the ID and you can miss stuff with normal sweeps. I never use it that way.

I like Fast in heavy iron, trash and hot rocks and Deep when I'm out in the woods barely getting any signal. But that's just me.

Ed/ODF
I was going to buy one instead got a Fisher F75se ltd
Hello Firedigger109, I have never owned those two machines. I have Exp II and love it basically - I feel these machines are very similar.
ODF\Ed has given you some good infomation about set up - but as he said try it out and do some bench testing - that has always helped me no matter which machine I had

I couldn't tell you if my deep or fast are on right now - because I figure this - if all of the settings are almost maxed out - what is the big deal anyway.

I have multiple coils for - trash or fields or parks.....small and slow or large and open area -

Best of luck in 2015
Hey guys thanks so much for the help. If you can think of anything at all that you want to pass on in the future the help would be greatly appreciated!
Reference URL's