Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got out today for a bit - just some old wheat cents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, I went out today for a short stint - the weather was beautiful and tomorrow will be wet - if the weatherman is correct.
I tried the same old site and wanted to retrace my steps around a very old pine tree and I was right in that respect - although the oldest coins were only wheat cents but hey I had fun - the oldest one was a 1920 - pretty cool (no brag here only happy) because I missed these on previous hunts.

Good luck to all
Great catches Tony! Amazing what you can find when you go over old sites. A 1920 at an old pine tree means you should widen out the search. Good luck!!! It's out there!

Ed/ODF
That's a nice handful of wheat. I like digging the older wheaties too.
ODF\Ed, I was trying to follow the path around the tree. It could be one that was missed by others including me. Just at the tip of the branches I was able to see a slight path but I know I hit it before.
I think you are right, it is amazing that we miss items or by removing other stuff you can get to the older coins.
I might go back another time and try a larger coil - you never know.
"but hey I had fun"  < This right here is and always be the most important part of our hobby.
Nice Finds Happy
Reference URL's