Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st hunt at new site...long, lotta pics and need I.d. help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-14-2013 08:22 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Dusty, do they make them out ofaluminum? Could be something left by the archies

Do you mean these guys, Ray? Tongue

Haha, not really!
Cool stuff

looks like a lotta diggin/work in a dry landscape like that though!

It's so dry here that you need a jackhammer to penetrate the ground - that's why I haven't posted anything lately myself!

HH
Hey Ray the Eagle button is  Civil war period...

The  elongated piece of iron with a hole in it is a lock plate...probably a Shotgun ..Black powder percussion...the hammer would face to the left...and the rest of the plate would be to the right and that's the way it would mount on a gun....shotgun plate's are reversed from the musket plates...So the technical name is a rear lock ...

your would be on the left side of the gun so its off a double barrel...

The barrel is lying there some where along with the other lock most likely...And the hammer and the butt plate...trigger guard Too..

It is of the same period as the eagle button ....and also the part of the buckle you have found ..the tongue and wreath design...

Nice digs...

that fire hearth looks like it had a nice place to hang a kettle!
Hey thanks Keith!! Very good to see you here bud!
That site is gone for me now...owner sold the property..barely scratched the surface on whats there.
Cool finds Ray! I wouldn't know what to make of most of the good ones cause I'm not versed in relics much. Glad they're important finds for the site. Looks like you've got more interesting digging to do.
well done there.....Yes
I found a button that had "EXTRA" and Ives Scott & co.  They were in business from 1834 to 1836.

That may be what you have.
Here is mine. Maybe it will help you identify yours.
looks like your plucking at a nice civil war era site.
the button as stated appears to be a general service button.
just pulled up my first General service button a month or so ago.
all very nice finds.
[attachment=2177]
Nice button there BONES! And Aluminum!!! Seems we have none up here next to the Erie Lake. A few flats but nothing to write home about. You guys South of the Mason Dixon line are definately cleaning up on CW buttons!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's