Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st hunt at new site...long, lotta pics and need I.d. help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I wrapped  up the job and it was time to go check out the site. I brought the gb pro and the Vista Gold with me. Theres wierd little  structures out there, besides the obvious houses. Like on hillsides in between big rock outcroppings there are rocks stacked to make flat areas...no walls then I found stairs cut into the bedrock leading to this wierd thing with a pipe running underneath
[attachment=538]
I started off using the gb pro. There where tons of signals, but most where 22shells, melted lead, and dam pulltabs. I finally quit diggin 48-52 numbers that are mostly 22shells, I will dig em all eventually, but wasn't really feeling to good today. Went up the creek a bit, and hit another area with the vista gold. It took awhile to get it dialed in, then the signals started poppin out of the nails...its an amazing detector. Heres some pics, and need help on the small eagle button...its 2piece with loop, the only word on the back I can make out is EXTRA. Any idea on age, etc? The front is wasted.
[attachment=544]
[attachment=545]
Any idea what this is?
[attachment=546]
Here another what's it...made of aluminum I believe
[attachment=547]
The keepers
[attachment=550]
I'm just getting started out there, and there's a lot to explore. Thanks for looking, and any input is apreciated. Ray
Cool finds. I don't know what the stuff is but that three pronged thing is very interesting.
That's a suspender buckle Will...I'm pretty happy with that one.
Here's a pic of all the digs
[attachment=551]
Only word I can make out is extra. Its small cuff size. Looking at Larry C.'s button book, looks like its probably 1845-1865...but his book only goes to1865, lol. Its toast, but good indicator.
General Service button--some CW era buttons had EXTRA in the back mark.  Clean up the back mark and see if you can get anything else, and a little clearer picture.

a very good indicator.

Congrats on a great site.  More goodies will pop up!
How in the hell did I miss this post?! COOL suspender buckles, Ray!!! Yeah, as Mark said, the three pronged one is quite decorative - amazing piece Yes I'd say that site sure has potential Happy

Here's a great link. This fella has indexed all types of buttons, along with info on maker & usage. Tons of info on backmarks from extra fine to extra quality, etc. It's alphabetized, too Wink

http://relicman.com/buttons/zBackmarkaaa.htm

Joe
Is that ground as hard as it looks?
What are you using to dig?

Awesome 3 pronger btw.
Hi Micah,
Yes its hard. I use a keene pick...but an Apex pick is better. Last year I destroyed a Lesche diggin in the red dirt...used my roofers hatchet and used the lesche as a chisel, lol. Even with a pick, it will wear you out and give ya blisters. Ray
I think that hard dirt got the better of a previous "shoveler" and explains your aluminum what's it. Looks like the end of a garden spade complete with depth incriments.
Maybe Dusty, do they make them out ofaluminum? Could be something left by the archies
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's