Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Garrett 5x8 DD Coil Cover issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Metal heads, 

I recently picked up a 5x8 DD coil for my AT Pro and a 5x8 Coil Cover also made by Garrett.  The coil cover does not fit correctly.

The coil cover snaps on nice on the sides but leaves a gap in the middle right at the sweet spot of the coil.  The gap is big enough that you can push it in and it will pop back out.  The cover is picking up dirt and trapping it in between the coil and cover.  
I contacted the website and they sent me another 5x8 coil cover and it fits the exact same way.  Has anyone else noticed this issue?

My coil cover on my 8.5 x 11 DD coil snaps on like a second skin with no gaps to be found.  

Thanks for any info you can provide.
I have never seen that happen on any coil. Strange - is the coil flat? Is it possible the coil is a little bit off and not the cover?
Im sure its possible.  I did inspect the coil for irregularities but I could not find any.  Thanks for the reply.
Hello Metalfish, if they are new I would contact the dealer. It could be that it was heated by some source - like a hot truck on delivery? And that made it warp!
Reference URL's