Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: CTX Smokes It In The Field Today!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not the biggest coin hunter per se'

but,

I did my research during this past winter on an old picnic grove from the 1860s that was in use til the 1930s or so in some form or another and man did I hit pay dirt today!

The 1st pic shows what's left of the grove where a road used to go thru but has long been out of use and was adverted to the south a 100 yrds or so way back when ;-)

Site is much larger than it looks - goes a good 150 yrds to the west beyond those thickets you see blocking the overall view of the property.

CTX, Manual sens (26), combined co/fe, fast on/deep off, target trace, yada yada yada!

Worth mention:

Model T valve stem cover
Tin Tea cup
Pocket Knife
Thin ornate square buckle
Flat Button (orange, etc. mark on back)
Small mushed cuff button
Gold Ring (unmarked but it's gold!) have to test for purity
Seated 1/4 (1861) holed :-(
1868 Two Center ;-)
Couple toasted Injuns
1919 Merc
1909, 1919, 19??, 1933 wheats

[Image: picnicGrove%20002_zpsceysg8ha.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20003_zpsj4ebvloe.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20004_zpszt7i5iqn.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20005_zpsbdyxj4fl.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20006_zpsk2xrrfvi.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20007_zps1l4th0gs.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20008_zpsx0mc6i0s.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20015_zpsxvcziotp.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20014_zpsaqjmmnyn.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20013_zpsyhxokq61.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20012_zpshltumviz.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20011_zpsgcqlw5wr.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20010_zpsj1ovr8in.jpg]

[Image: picnicGrove%20009_zpsour4qrqo.jpg]
WTG Wayne!!! Man, what a collection! Love that seated and 2 center. That gold ring is a great find too! Nice going on the research!

Ed/ODF
Holy crap Wayne!! Lotta good keepwrs there! Been a looong time since I pulled a seated qtr,and never got a 2 center! Good job!
Hello MichiganRelicHunter, beautiful hunt digs! Congratulations and I wish you many more.
(04-18-2015 09:21 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]WTG Wayne!!! Man, what a collection! Love that seated and 2 center. That gold ring is a great find too! Nice going on the research!

Ed/ODF

Thanks Ed Beer

(04-18-2015 10:13 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap Wayne!! Lotta good keepwrs there! Been a looong time since I pulled a seated qtr,and never got a 2 center! Good job!

No 2 centers yet Ray??

Man - that's a kick in the nuts... I found 3 or 4 last yr... this is the 1st one this yr...

They read just like silver quarters on the CTX/E Trac (12 45, 11 44, 12 47, 11 46) etc

That's what I thought it was until I seen green in the hole Happy

Thanks man and here's hoping you get your 1st 2 center this yr Beer
Just goes to show you what good research can produce. Awesome finds , love the seated and gold ring too, there's got to be more there . Good luck finding it.
Fantastic Hunt!! Congrats on a pile of great keepers!!

That Qtr is so perfectly holed it looks like someone used it as a pendant. I like it when they are personalized!!

2 centers are tough out here in CA !!

Very Cool!
Ya I would say you had a great day. Congrats on all the finds. Must be a thrill to pull silver like that.
Wow!!! You killed it there. That place must be loaded with goods.
Way to go! Very nice finds. Congrats.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's