Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Apr 19th - great weather continues here in NJ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again everyone, the weather continues to be terrific for detecting here in NJ.
Last Saturday the club had permission to detect at a museum farm in north jersey called Craftsmen Farm - all buildings were from the early 1900's - I found two wheat cents dated 1911 and 1919 - donated back to museum along with a 50 caliber bullet - probably from WWII.
Anyway - today I was trying for a ring - after hearing about the gold that has been found and posted. But I only was able to retrieve a silver ring dated 1958 or 1959 (tough to read) it appears to be a Bayonne school ring with a number 12 on it - which today indicates a grammar school . I need to do more research on it to know for certain,
Along with that I found four wheat cents and a good amount of junkers that the machine and I though were good targets.
Yes the weather has been great. I'm seeing lows in the 20s coming up this week. I might need to get my coat back out. Nice ring.
Hello Pittsburgwill, yeah my wife's friend has relatives in Pittsburgh who tell her about the weather. She was thinking of moving out there but after this year she is very hesitant. 20's are not for detecting - no way not even in New Jersey
Nice ring Tony! Cleaning up on the wheats too. I guess here around Wednesday the low is going down to 37F. Long johns again I'm certain!
Crazy weather here too, the wife put the heat on 70...yikes!
Nice find on the ring Beer
Reference URL's