Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Unusual find for the woods!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to another new area after work today to give it a shot. 100 year old pines and little ground vegetation. Wasn't out there 20 minutes when I dig this silly 7-23 signal that's a screamer. Out pops this Spanish 1 Reseta! It was so golden in color when I first looked at it that I thought it was a gold coin at first but it was too light. It's copper. I don't know what kind of copper but it sure beats what we have in Memorials and wheats! Anyway, I was able to find a whole boatload of shotgun headstamps, rifle casings, pistol casings and a number of bullets, jacketed and lead. So I may go back. Not one bit of clad or coppers but a few old pull tabs and aluminum foil.

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!

Ed/ODF
That's pretty cool. Sure is odd to be in the Ohio woods.
ODF\Ed yeah that must have been a huge surprise, crazy hobbie for sure, nice dig though - I wonder how many folks would have passed up that signal?
Cool coin Ed! Thats what makes this hobby so fun! Bet most of us have never seen or heard of that coin before you posted it! Ray
Very interesting !! Cool find!
Cool find Ed Yes

Makes you wonder how/why some coins are where you find them!
Cool find.
ODF no matter what kind of machine we use , you just never no what's coming out of the ground. The thrill of the hunt is what makes us keep going back.
Reference URL's