Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Were you ever happy to find a beer can?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took the T2 out to my favorite spot again today. I dug a good pound of nails again. Found one marble and some kind of snap button thing and some other junk. I decided to go up by the shed and try there. There is a platform of cinder blocks in front of the shed. I started detecting those and got a huge hit. I thought someone must have buried something under the cinder blocks. I pulled up one of the blocks and inside was Franco Harris. He must have been trapped there about 23 years. Now I know how old the shed is. I may never make the metal detecting hall of fame, but I did make a Hall of Fame find.
That's Cool!!

I loved the Steelers when I was a kid and Loved Bradshaw, Swann, Mean Joe and Harris.!

Very cool!!

Hey Kid--Catch!

And who can forget the Immaculate Reception!!
(08-10-2013 11:39 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]That's Cool!!

I loved the Steelers when I was a kid and Loved Bradshaw, Swann, Mean Joe and Harris.!

Very cool!!

Hey Kid--Catch!

And who can forget the Immaculate Reception!!

I was born in the seventies, so I don't remember those days. Of course I have heard all about it though and have seen it all on tv. It's Pittsburgh legend.
Neat, I never even knew there was an Iron City Beer. We gotta all go by your house to hunt. We can detect, and then have a keg party Tongue

Joe
(08-11-2013 06:27 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Neat, I never even knew there was an Iron City Beer. We gotta all go by your house to hunt. We can detect, and then have a keg party Tongue

Joe

Iron City was the first can to use our friend the pull tab. I think it has been brewed since 1861. I have drank my share of kegs of the stuff. I don't drink anymore. If you want to clean some of the nails and foil out of the yard for me, come on over.
Iron City Beer , was brewed by Pittsburgh Brewing Co, Pa.
Reference URL's