Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Mother Lode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ocular Detecting
Kenny I got to say that your wife hit the nail on the head. Teamwork. What a wonderful experience to share with her. The 2014 prices for those were $32 a pound!!! Have to hand it to you also for being so fearless of snakes. We have the critters up here and they're pretty harmless, but below Columbus, Ohio you have to be very aware. How you do it next to a water source is frightening for me. But you both got the Morels and had fun doing it! That's what counts. Teach your children well!! Great video!!!!YesYesYes

Ed/ODF
(04-27-2015 09:51 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Kenny I got to say that your wife hit the nail on the head. Teamwork. What a wonderful experience to share with her. The 2014 prices for those were $32 a pound!!! Have to hand it to you also for being so fearless of snakes. We have the critters up here and they're pretty harmless, but below Columbus, Ohio you have to be very aware. How you do it next to a water source is frightening for me. But you both got the Morels and had fun doing it! That's what counts. Teach your children well!! Great video!!!!YesYesYes

Ed/ODF
Just because I say I'm not scared of snakes "on video" doesn't mean I'm not!! LOL.  That creek is usually loaded with Common Water snakes.  They are aggressive!  They will come toward you in the water.  I used to drop small rocks off the bridge and they would swim out.  Then I would snag them with a treble hook. My wife saw a Cougar with 2 little ones about 5 years ago.  She won't even go outside by herself hardly.  But she's a keeper.  I can't believe someone married me!  Let alone a good cook and mushroom hunter.  What else do you need?
PS: Looks like the mushrooms are around $40 a pound this year.  But I'm not selling! I'm eating........
Thanks for sharing ! $32 a pound,,,,,makes one think about finding pennies in 8 inches of soil.....hmm ...maybe I'll switch hobbies
(04-27-2015 11:05 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing ! $32 a pound,,,,,makes one think about finding pennies in 8 inches of soil.....hmm ...maybe I'll switch hobbies
Well the last time I found $32 in clad was - OH, I never have found $32 in clad in a day..  Too bad Mushrooms don't grow year round.  FYI: I knew a millionaire that followed Morels from Louisianan all the way to Michigan every year.  He had spots he hunted for years. He and his wife also followed the turning leaves in the fall.  If I was a millionaire the only thing I would do different is bring my detector!
Khouse, that is an interesting story - I guess we all have some type of need to fill.
I am not certain if I would go detecting if I became a wealthy person but then again - maybe I should wait to answer that question.....there is still time to make it BIG!
(04-28-2015 04:29 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Khouse, that is an interesting story - I guess we all have some type of need to fill.
I am not certain if I would go detecting if I became a wealthy person but then again - maybe I should wait to answer that question.....there is still time to make it BIG!

I guess I could hire Bikini clad Hotties to dig my targets and tell me how well I swing my coil.  That would be a better way to spend my money.
Khouse, hopefully you make a Utube video for us to enjoy too!
(04-28-2015 10:04 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Khouse, hopefully you make a Utube video for us to enjoy too!

I would if I could get any girls hired - I mean as soon as they find out I swing a smaller than stock coil I think they would pass.
(04-28-2015 11:04 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2015 10:04 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Khouse, hopefully you make a Utube video for us to enjoy too!

I would if I could get any girls hired - I mean as soon as they find out I swing a smaller than stock coil I think they would pass.

Remember, it's not the size of the coil, fellas, it's what you do with it, that counts! Rofl

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's