Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nice find!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taking a trip to this place has been on my bucket list for years now, hope to get there one day.

http://m.nydailynews.com/life-style/woma...-1.2201598

Joe
I've heard of that place. Looks like fun. I wonder if there are any good detecting spots around there.
Would be a good place to make a weekend of it. I've heard they've gotten some pretty big stones out of there.
(04-28-2015 06:04 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard of that place. Looks like fun. I wonder if there are any good detecting spots around there.

I'm not positive, but I don't believe MD'ing is allowed. It would be nice, but I want to go to find diamonds, so no biggie for me. There have been stones found there that have sold for hundreds of thousands. Some of the locals prospect there regularly. Of course, 99.9 percent of what's found isn't worth much, but the opportunity still exists.

Joe
Is this place just open to the public at no charge ?
(04-28-2015 08:55 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Is this place just open to the public at no charge ?

I don't know what it costs, but there's definitely a fee. It's a tourist joint, so I'm sure there's all types of equipment one can rent/buy, etc. If someone is into that kinda thing (like we are), I'm sure it's worth whatever the cost might be for a few days. Google "Crater of Diamonds State Park".

Joe
Um- What kind of signal does a diamond give on a Minelab?
(04-30-2015 09:49 AM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Um- What kind of signal does a diamond give on a Minelab?

Diamonds go by feel. Cool
Reference URL's