Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 12x10 SEF Coil.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I had that 12x10 coil out today to go over that site I hit the weeks load at yesterday with the 11" Pro coil and I'm putting it up for sale. Found 3 bullets, 1 bottlecap, one piece of dropped molten lead and three iron scrap. Nothing over 4 inches in depth. There is so much mineralization in the soil here that I couldn't run it over 20 sense AUTOMATIC, Deep, IM on at 20. And it's bear to use in the woods. I'm going to see if I can wrangle up a 13" Ultimate. Don't know if that will work either! But the SEF is going to be "On Sale" to any of you guys who have a SE Pro and live surrounded by farm fields, which I don't. Gimme a couple days to take pics and figure out a price.

Ed/ODF
I believe a smaller coil is better in high mineral ground. A bigger coil is trying to see through more dirt. Therefore more mineral. I know I have done better with smaller coils around here. The Fe meter runs high.
(04-28-2015 09:03 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I believe a smaller coil is better in high mineral ground. A bigger coil is trying to see through more dirt. Therefore more mineral. I know I have done better with smaller coils around here. The Fe meter runs high.

That 8X6 SEF I have is a killer. But there is so much ground to cover. The Pro coil is the ace for sure. It's not like I don't have the time to cover a lot of ground over little bits and pieces. But I have the 13" Ultimate for that Delta and I've found as much with that as I have the 2 other coils, so I'd like to try a 13" with the SE. Beside, not to dismay a potential sale, the 12x10 is heavy, and I'm not getting any younger. But as it looks, I'm going to sell it bare without the shaft, because the used 13" I've seen are bare as well and I need to keep the shaft.
Hi Ed. I have the 13" Ultimate coil. It's a good coil and goes deep. It's a couple of ounces heavier than the 11" and I notice it bothers my arm after an hour or so. The pinpointing is a little trickier than the 11". If you're not in a very trashy area it's good. I'd be interested in knowing what you think of it if you get it. Gerry
Ed ,
I have used the 13" on my etrac and find there's little advantage in depth , just a bit more coverage. The weight increase was just enough to justify going with the WOT 15" and making a chore of it or using a swing aid. The 13" sits in it's box on the shelf. You might consider the NEL coil that size , I've heard some good things said about them. I agree with PittsburgWill about the bigger coils in bad dirt--coverage increases but minimal increases in depth.
Reference URL's