Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #23 Barber Qtr & 2nd Buff FTY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went out yesterday with not much to show except shotgun headstamps a few bullets and trash I trashed. Stayed in the same line of thought today as far as spots go but about a mile away and deeper into the woods. Dug a bunch more headstamps, a fired pistol roundball, a bucksot, some junk. Then POW, I get a screamer high tone registering 00-29 but real tight. Pinpointer shows it's an inch deep. Gotta be a can top but it's real tight so it must be a largemouth bottlecap. Holy crap it's a 1897 P Barber quarter!!!! YesBeer

30 feet away, another 10-06/07. Great, another shotgun headstamp. Almost wasn't going to dig it but the tone said dig it. Targeting was tight too. So I dug it. 4 inches down a no date Buff in the wierdest shape I've ever seen one.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Nice!!! I'm two behind you, with 21 FTY. That's a beauty of a barber, Ed. I was telling Gerry earlier, get in as much silver as you can now, to offset the down time in July & August due to heat, overgrowth, bugs, etc.

Joe
Your on fire Ed! Getting some great coins!!
(04-29-2015 09:20 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!!! I'm two behind you, with 21 FTY. That's a beauty of a barber, Ed. I was telling Gerry earlier, get in as much silver as you can now, to offset the down time in July & August due to heat, overgrowth, bugs, etc.

Joe
Joe,

I'm going to try. Believe it or not the bugs are starting already. I'm spraying shoes and pant legs for ticks and dabbing a bit here and there for the gnats which are flying about. I inhaled one today of all things. We had a consistently wet Spring so far. Things are warming up though so less clothing means longer hunts.

You are killing it with the silver too Joe. Man those parks over there must be loaded with the stuff from that last video you posted. That 1925 SLQ Gerry found was a WINNER! FANTASTIC shape!!!! All we got left here in the grass parks is clad and trash, maybe a few rings here and there. I've ever only found 3 silver coins in the rec parks!!! Everything else in the woods. I NEVER see anyone in the woods detecting.

Ed/ODF
Great quarter Ed. I still haven't dug a big Barber. Is that a Lesche scrape on the buffalo? Looks like there might be a date there if you clean it up.
(04-29-2015 10:28 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Great quarter Ed. I still haven't dug a big Barber. Is that a Lesche scrape on the buffalo? Looks like there might be a date there if you clean it up.

It's a strange one Will. The part that looks like it was scraped is in pretty good shape but the rest of the coin is pretty toasted. Almost as if something was laying real tight across it and didn't let any air or water get to it. I'm going to try to clean it with Ron's method, maybe by the end of the week.

Ed/ODF
Yeah it does look pretty good where the lines are. Would be cool to see it cleaned.
Great stuff Ed, keep'em coming.
Nice hunk O silver Ed Yes

Your parks sound like ours over here = "empty"! lol

If I had to rely on park hunting = I'd have to give up detecting and find another hobby Sad

Beer
Great finds, Ed!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's