Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Did some woods hunting today with Mr Deep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody, I went detecting with Mr Deep today and he wanted to go to the woods. Found plenty of metal stuff - shotgun shells - sheet rock knife - an old pepsi truck but some junkers are not in the picture - oldest coins were wheat cents from the 1940's and 1950's.
Love the Pepsi truck Tony.I love finding toys. Congrats.
Pepsi strikes a chord with me, since my dad worked there for many years. He used to bring home cases of soda like it was going outta style. Nice truck. Why the handle, Mr. Deep?

Joe
That's a good start! Wheats alone say there's old stuff out there. The shotgun shells are another. Look for the biggest clump of trees that have sort of a clearing in the middle, even if now they have small trees growing within. Those can usually be old campsites. If you start getting a lot of foil signals in there that's a clue to a campfire.

That Pepsi truck is an old one. Nice group of finds Tony!

Ed/ODF
I am glad that you guys liked that Pepsi Truck. I never found one of those before and thought it was unique.
Thanks on the tips for the woods, I'll have to get back there soon before the weeds get higher.
Mr. Deep is a buddy of mine who always says to dig the deep signals no matter what they appear to be. So - I nicked named him "Mr. Deep" .

Oh while we were detecting yesterday Mr Deep received a call and landed a job. Boy was he surprised and excited to get that call. Probably couldn't concentrate to much on detecting - we left about twenty minutes later. It was near lunch time anyway and no big deal.
Nice truck ! I've hit the woods near me and found a few pennies a horse shoe and a tick lol
Hello Megas XLT, I glad you went out and found some stuff. I am not crazy about the tick though, did you find it or it found you? I hope you spotted it before it bite you.
I was bit by a tick and had a tick puller (small little aluminum puller) and my buddy did the honors. I bought that puller online line several years back for five bucks and carry it in my detecting bag.
(05-01-2015 03:31 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Megas XLT, I glad you went out and found some stuff. I am not crazy about the tick though, did you find it or it found you? I hope you spotted it before it bite you.
I was bit by a tick and had a tick puller (small little aluminum puller) and my buddy did the honors. I bought that puller online line several years back for five bucks and carry it in my detecting bag.

Hey Tony the tick found me freaked me out .Now i go out with tick repellent on .
Ticks breathe through their legs when their head is submersed in your skin. If you have a tick on you gently take some vasaline and spread it over the tick. It will come up for air because the vasaline has blocked it's air passage. It works every time.This way there isn't any danger of leaving the head in your skin when you remove the tick.
I am a tick magnet...not kidding. The only repellant that works is permathren.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's