Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Last bits from Pure Michigan!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After doing the newly raked Spring fields for most of the day, my brother looking for arrowheads and such, and he did find quite a bit of flint and pieces, I found a few square nails, a lot of modern bullets and a one Remington UMC 12 Ga headstamp, we had to bid adieu after about two days of a total of 8 hours hunting and around the same socializing with our relatives and a lot of the friendly and really down home neighbors. We had a real blast there and plan to return in earnest after our first exploratory visit.

Back on the road I suggested we go over to one of the neighbors places who I'd met on Saturday and talk to him about detecting and arrowheads. Sure enough we stopped and found old Henry the woodcutter out in the fields looking for arrowheads with his dog carrying some newly sharpened chainsaw chains. He said sure I could detect his property and proceeded with my brother to search for arrowheads.

Was about 20 minutes into my MD search near the road at Henry's place and up popped a 41 D Merc. Then six feet away a 53D wheat, then things slowed down a bit. Henry returned and I showed him what I found. He went to make something to eat and I kept at it. I didn't know it, but I found a vaccination tag clip for a cow, which Henry identified later, a few nails and a screw cap and a Memorial. My brother got tired and we decided to call it quits for the 4 hour trip back home.

I took this picture on Henry's old enameled pie table out on his sunroom and left them there and we said our goodbye's. Before we hit the door Henry said "Hey, you forgot your stuff!", scooped them off the old table and walked over and put them in my hand. I said "Henry, I got pictures, I found them on your property.". He said, " Oh, I don't need this stuff. I got my land. You found it, you keep it."

I asked him if he was sure. He said yes and said if I'm back visiting we were both welcome anytime.

I'll be back Henry the Woodcutter!

Ed/ODF
Cool coins! Congratulations on the mercury #24!
Nice finds...but like better yet, sounds like you made a good friend.
(05-03-2015 10:38 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds...but like better yet, sounds like you made a good friend.

Got to know some real people from the Great State of Michigan. You can take away Detroit. You can't take away Michigan and it's people!

Thanks!

Ed/ODFG
Sounds like you had a great trip. Nice merc.
Reference URL's