Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #25 a Heartbreaker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday was a bust except for two old wheats near where I found that first V nickel.

Then today at a widened search area where I have never found anything, out pops this 1916 Merc. My heart was pumping because I hadn't looked at the obverse yet and was praying that it was a D!!! Better luck next time I guess. I nicked it a little too. And today I also found what I think may have been a pocket watch back, but I'm not certain.

Otherwise it was a pleasant and fun walk in the woods!

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed/ODF
Cool rossett thing Ed

Take a merc all day too Yes
(05-06-2015 08:10 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool rossett thing Ed

Take a merc all day too Yes

Yes
Been there a few times, Ed. The heart gets pumping when you see the 1916. I thought once that I found one but it was a worn 1916-s. Your 1916 is in nice shape. Gerry
Cool Cool stuff Yes Nice find! I wonder if the T handle tool is for switching tracks, railroad tracks???
ODF was that area once a town or a community ? I find it interesting that you guys go hunting in the woods.
(05-07-2015 06:35 AM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]ODF was that area once a town or a community ? I find it interesting that you guys go hunting in the woods.

Kajun, the area is mostly woods they can't do much with it commercially so they incorporated it into a large park system that goes all the way around the county in a kind of a ring shape they call the Emerald Necklace. It borders many communities and each has their own section. Some of it was farmland, some of it remains woods to this day. I'd imagine most of the coins I find are from either hunters, campers and farmers. Some of the big oaks you can't see in the pics gotta be over 200 years old because they are a good six or seven feet in diameter at the base. I find a lot of campfire rings and trash related to camping and hunting. That particular area is I'd guess about 250 acres of just woods and also has an old wagon road that runs along it's base. I was high up on the plateau. For that area it's really No Man's Land. Little to zero trash. There's one more plateau area near it I want to get to someday but I gotta figure out how because it's base is surrounded by swamps, and the rises to the top are pretty steep. And I'll bet no one has detected it. But this was my third trip to this one so there's stuff there.

Ed/ODF

(05-07-2015 12:46 AM)Badlands Hunter 1 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool Cool stuff Yes Nice find! I wonder if the T handle tool is for switching tracks, railroad tracks???

Badlands,

I think/thought that it may be a tractor or old car spark plug wrench. Wasn't found anywhere near a RR line.

Ed/ODF
Too bad no D. Still a nice coin.
ODF I'm familiar with swamp land. If there is minimal grass in the swamp may I suggest using a pirogue (pronounced pee row). If you have a buddy to help you pirogues are very lite and two of you could carry it. We use those to go frogging. We tow a pirogue behind the boat. Then when we get to the swamp levies we carry the pirogue over the levy and begin our frogging expedition. All you need is a few inches of water.

If you need some help I will volunteer. Maybe I could show you how to catch frogs using only your hand and a sack to put them in. Happy
(05-07-2015 12:46 AM)Badlands Hunter 1 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool Cool stuff Yes Nice find! I wonder if the T handle tool is for switching tracks, railroad tracks???

Welcome to the forum. Who's the little cutie? Gerry
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's